Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Could my baby be lactose intolerant?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 4:05 pm
My baby is almost 11 months. At the last checkup, the pediatrician told us that we can give him basically whatever food we eat now. We are still BFing, and I feed him a jar or two of baby food, as well as bits of whatever we are all eating. Anyway, in terms of dairy, he has only had a few bites of yogurt and maybe some stuff where dairy is an ingredient, but not straight up milk yet.
I gave him some mozzarella the other day. It was his first time having cheese (besides a bit on pizza). He LOVED it and probably ate an entire slice or two (in bits). Then, later that day and for another day or so, he had SO MANY dirty diapers. Usually he has 1 or maybe 2 a day, and then it went up to like 5 or 6. (TMI WARNING) It was still a pretty regular dirty diaper, not exactly diarrhea, if that means anything...

So, does it mean anything? I am pretty certain the increase in poopy diapers was caused by the cheese. I have never b'H had a kid with food allergies, so I really don't know what the signs are. Should I take him to the doctor? Should we avoid dairy? Help!

busydev

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 4:45 pm
have you been eating cheese? noticed any reactions till now?

if the only reaction was lotsa diapers I wouldnt jump to think allergic bug I would keep an eye on him just in case. more like it was just alot of new stuff for his system to handle. try giving him a half a slice in a couple days and see how it goes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics