Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Exercise dvd

hiya

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 9:50 am
Anyone use one that they can recommend? I would love to have one thats a bit tznius too. I dont fancy having a lady half dressed around.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 9:54 am
I don't think they came out with "Tzniut Arobics 1" yet, but, hey that might be a money maker. I'll use my video camera if you want.

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 9:57 am
well, when most people excersise they like to wear little clothes since you sweat, but I dont know of any that are, so I will recommend anyway since I use it, its Tae Bo by Billy Blanks, its very very very good, and def. makes you sweat and lose some pounds, great work outs.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 10:01 am
The problem that I have with videos is that it is too easy to just not turn it on. If you can, join a gym together with a friend so that you can each push each other to go.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:16 am
I do a video every single morning but Shabbos. When I got them, I was also surprised by the almost "[filthy] look" some of them had.

For DH, I got Gilad, but the "mens only" ones.

Let me know exactly what you are looking for, and I'll try to help you....is it step, weight training, etc.?

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:18 am
brooklyn wrote:
The problem that I have with videos is that it is too easy to just not turn it on. If you can, join a gym together with a friend so that you can each push each other to go.

I agree.
However, if you really want a DVD, Billy Blanks is excellent. If you don't turn it off, it's a great workout.

cindy324

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:24 am
Quote:
However, if you really want a DVD, Billy Blanks is excellent. If you don't turn it off, it's a great workout.

Yep, I just got his newest Bootcamp Elite with the resistance bands. It's cardio/strength training all in one. Also comes with a half hour Rock Solid abs workout. A real killer...

su7kids

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 12:59 pm
Depending on how much of a work out you want, I use Walk Away the Pounds. I love the series and sets.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 2:06 pm
I have the Turbo Jam series from Beachbody.com It is amazing!
I really work up a sweat and have become so flexible. I do the dvd's 6 days a week, every day a different one and I love it. I'm doing this for the last 6 months and surprisingly haven't gotten bored yet.

ceo

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 8:34 pm
I also love turbo jam. Chalene is really motivating.

I also do walk away the pounds, but good grief-- when will Leslie shut up? Very Happy she just keeps chatting about all her friends....Jody just had a baby, Randy, etc....

hiya

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 7:00 am
thanx for the replies. My baby is 7 months old and I have way too many inches to loose. I really need a work out thats quick and good. I borrowed from a neighbor Gilads 30min work out and it was great. Maybe I should try the mens only one. Its safer to have around than a woman.

Chayary

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 9:22 am
I like T-Tapp, and it has a 15 minute workout, and you really feel the results. You are supposed to do it every day for the first few, and after Day 1 you think no big deal, and all of a sudden day 3, OUCH, then it gets easier again. My daughter likes doing it with me. It's not tznius though, I just don't do it when my husband's in the room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics