Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Recommend a West End show

amother

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 4:49 am
I will be in London in the summer and would like to see a show. I am looking for one that is clean, and would be suitable for my husband too (no kol isha)

Can you suggest one ? Don't really mind what genre, can be comedy or drama. I assume musicals would be out.

Any from this list ok?

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk.....age=0

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 11:35 am
Hmmm, I think many people define kol isha differently, but if you/DH has a problem with a female solo singing, that would rule out almost all musical. (Maybe Jersey Boys would be ok?) So I suggest you stick to non-musical plays.
Check National Theatre or the Globe. I personally think War Horse (theatre version, not movie) was amazing, my pre-teen daughter also enjoyed. Clean and I don't recall issues with kol isha. Woman in Black is also good. or classic comedy like One Man Two Guv'nors. Yes Prime Minister is good though with lots of nuanced jokes.

Also if you're coming in summer, you also have an option of an open air theatre at Regent's Park, as well as the Proms concert (non-vocal pieces).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics