Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Laser for Light Moles on Face - Anyone?

mother4

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 10:23 am
[b]Did anyone have good experience with laser for facial moles? There are some dermatologist that sound promising, but I'd like to verify with others if they actually work. If yes, do they just lighten - or completely fade???[/b]

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 10:58 am
I have researched the subject extensively and asked many dermatologists and have been strongly discouraged.
Please make sure to only do anything with moles with qualified dermatolgists - not natural dr.'s !
It is very controversial medically to remove a mole without getting it checked in pathology.

mother4

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 11:16 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I have researched the subject extensively and asked many dermatologists and have been strongly discouraged.
Please make sure to only do anything with moles with qualified dermatolgists - not natural dr.'s !
It is very controversial medically to remove a mole without getting it checked in pathology.

I was asking about lightening mole, not removing it. That would be, of course, after verification that it is benign...

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 11:34 am
Although less controversial, it's still not recommended by most dr.'s .
Once you change the color of a mole, it would make it much harder for a dr. to clinically notice if something is off. One of the ways to tell if a mole is suspicious is the color. If it is not it's natural color it makes it harder to diagnose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children