Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Ikea kitchen

reality mom

Post Sun, Jun 30 2013, 11:06 pm
All the ikea kitchen threads are kinda outdated.. So here's a new one- anyone has an ikea kitchen? How's the quality? D you recommend it?

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, Jun 30 2013, 11:41 pm
I love my ikea kitchen. Excellent quality. They are better quality than "builder grade" cabinets and cheaper. Also, there are so many options to choose from. They also come with a great warranty. I will say that I'm not thrilled with the faucet I chose for my sinks. We got the laminate counter, which is ok, but in terms of looks, I'm not thrilled.
I also have an ikea microwave/hood vent, fridge, and dishwasher. Not crazy about the dishwasher, but we got the cheapest we could. I love the fridge and microwave. The appliances, I believe, are actually whirlpool brand, and warranty is covered by whirlpool.

chulentalakiddush

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 12:08 am
I redid my kitchen in october using ikea cabinets and overall I am really happy. I love the look of the adel doors in medium brown (see thier website- it's shaker style) and for the price the quality is great. but keep in mind there are some limitations to what you can do. It's not a custom kitchen. I wanted a garage for my mixer and coffee pot but there was nothing suitable. For the price though, it's amazing. They have a sale twice a year where everything is 20% off- even countertops from outside vendors. I got ceaserstone countertops for much cheaper than anywhere else I looked.
I didn't get my sinks or appliances from ikea so I cant comment on the quality of those things. I also got a nicer backsplash from a tile place b/c I didn't like the options at ikea.
also, if you bring your specs to the store the employees in the kitchen dept can help you with the layout. they are really knowledgeable.
three cheers for ikea!

thanks

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 12:39 am
I did my kitchen in time for pesach and I love it. It's abstrakt white with sofielund island. It's a very large, modern kitchen. I had a great installer who was able to do many different customizations, so there were very few limitations. Incidentally, I have two garage cabinets for my small appliances. Ikea sells these garages in a stainless color. If you want the name of the installer, you can PM me. He does work all over the Northeast (NY, NJ, Ma to name just a few.) When he's on your project, he and his assistants are all yours. He came back to fix something in a very timely manner.
I did not get appliances from Ikea because I wanted Shabbos mode on my fridge and oven. I used the online planner and they were helpful in the store.

reality mom

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 12:51 am
thanks wrote:
I did my kitchen in time for pesach and I love it. It's abstrakt white with sofielund island. It's a very large, modern kitchen. I had a great installer who was able to do many different customizations, so there were very few limitations. Incidentally, I have two garage cabinets for my small appliances. Ikea sells these garages in a stainless color. If you want the name of the installer, you can PM me. He does work all over the Northeast (NY, NJ, Ma to name just a few.) When he's on your project, he and his assistants are all yours. He came back to fix something in a very timely manner.
I did not get appliances from Ikea because I wanted Shabbos mode on my fridge and oven. I used the online planner and they were helpful in the store.

What are the (approximate) dimensions of your kitchen? What was the end cost without the countertops? Did you get the countertops from ikea as well?
Thanks to all who are replying- it's a great help!

thanks

Post Mon, Jul 01 2013, 1:17 am
My kitchen is about 19ft x 16ft. The style cabinets I bought are the most expensive. I wanted modern and flat so they clean very easily. I do not feel comfortable posting what I spent, however, if you use the Ikea kitchen planner software, it will calculate the cost for you. I had several other estimates, and the cost of the cabinets at Ikea was far less (about half). After that, you need to add in the cost of installation.

I did the countertops with Ikea as well. There I did find I was very limited by the colors, but the price was right, and I found a color I liked.

If you pm me, I can try to help you more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars