Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Vegetable soup - no mixes and not blended!

newcomer

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 1:08 pm
we are kind of picky when it comes to our soups -
need a recipe for pareve vegetable soup - no soup mixes, no ready made broth and not blended and no beans/barley!
thanx................

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 1:19 pm
I find the trick is to slice lots of onions and saute them then add all the vegetables, saute a bit, then add water, salt, pepper, and any herbs or spices that taste good with whatever vegetables you use. Cut the vegetables to hatever size you like.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 6:45 pm
I make a good veg soup. Even though I blend it sometimes I don't (if I have patience to chop the veggies tiny) and dh loves it that way.

Fry one onion.
Add leek and fry.
Add 1 butternut squash
1 zucchini, 2 sweet potatoes, 2 potatoes, 1 parsnip and 2 carrots (I usually add them in order from hardest veg to softest).
Fry for a bit and add salt and black pepper to taste. 1-2 tbsp Parsley (and garlic or onion powder if you like, I don't).
Fill 3/4 with water, or full if you are not blending it.

Boil for about 30 minutes or until veggies are soft.

queen

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 9:50 pm
once soup is finished cooking - try pouring tomato sauce into soup. Turns it into a tomato veg. soup!

sarahd

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 3:41 am
All you do for vegetable is chop and saute onions, add garlic if you like it, dice or slice carrots, celery, parsnip if you want, leek if you like. Meanwhile, boil up water, then add to the sauteeing vegetables. Add diced potato, zucchini, mushroom if you like, salt and spices and simmer. You can throw in some peas at the end. I like to add paprika because it gives a nice color. Fresh dill also adds a good taste.

If you want the soup to be more filling, you can add nokerlach. Beat an egg, add a drop of water, salt and pepper, and flour to make a loose dough. Drop by tiny spoonfuls into the boiling soup.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 3:48 am
Bay leaf adds nicely to most soups and stews.

Vanilla

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 6:38 am
very easy creamy pea soup:

1 bag split peas
1 head celery (thinly sliced)
plenty of carrots (sliced /diced/shredded)
salt
1 tsp. baking soda
water

cook until well done and creamy. Do not add any other vegetables that are acidic like onions or peppers, unless the split peas are completely dissolved.

SS6099

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 7:18 am
Sauteeing a large onion, or better yet- caramelizing it, adds so much flavor to a soup! Try adding garlic to the process.... yum!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics