Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Toronto

Chanie

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 11:07 am
Planning on taking a trip with my kids to Niagara for a few days at the end of July. Wondering if we should stay a day in Toronto and what there is to do there that kids will enjoy (I have boys 10, 8, 6 and 1.5).
Is the CN tower worth going to see? Other tourist attractions? My kids like the idea of going to different places and seeing them, but don't have too much patience for boring stuff.
TIA

Barbara

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 11:19 am
Chanie wrote:
Planning on taking a trip with my kids to Niagara for a few days at the end of July. Wondering if we should stay a day in Toronto and what there is to do there that kids will enjoy (I have boys 10, 8, 6 and 1.5).
Is the CN tower worth going to see? Other tourist attractions? My kids like the idea of going to different places and seeing them, but don't have too much patience for boring stuff.
TIA

Ontario Science Center

http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/

Hockey Hall of Fame

I think there's a new aquarium

Chanie

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 11:23 am
Thanks Barbara, hockey hall of fame would entertain them. Also looking for site seeing ideas. They've never been to Toronto before (well my oldest spent less then a day there when he was a baby, but I don't think that counts) and I'd love them to see some "must sees"

Tulip1

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 11:24 am
Center Island is a lot of fun too.
You take the ferry across Lake Ontario to the island. On the island are picnic areas, rides, bike rentals, beaches.

Chanie

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 11:29 am
Thanks tulip1, I'm going to look into that island, it sounds like fun.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 12:37 pm
Chanie wrote:
TIA

Legoland has opened recently. http://www.legolanddiscoveryce.....onto/

CN tower bored us . zoo is nice and they have a new panda exhibit http://www.torontozoo.com/

Science centre
http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/

eema2five

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 5:51 pm
Casa Loma
http://www.casaloma.org/

CN Tower
www.cntower.ca

Hockey hall of fame
www.hhof.com

Centre Island
amusement park and much more
www.centreisland.ca

Bata Shoe Museum

LegoLand
www.legolanddiscoverycentre.ca

there's a great science centre and zoo as well, but you might already have that where you are..

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:17 am
DH willl be in Toronto with 7 y.o.DD. We also have Black Creek Pioneer Village on the to do list

Marion

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:25 am
Absolutely, Pioneer Village. If you want to do the "downtown" stuff, you have the Hockey Hall of Fame, CN Tower, Air Canada Centre, and Skydome (Rogers Centre) all within about a block and a half. SkyDome offers tours. I think the ACC does as well. CN Tower has some interesting stuff, but not sure if the kids would appreciate it. It's more exciting than going up the Empire State Building (and the lines are shorter!), and there's more to see. There's also the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) and the Discovery Room, as well as the Planetarium. Lots of farmers' markets, and pick your own (if you get the season right). Woodbridge Fantasy Fair.

Take a look at the Attractions Ontario website for ideas and coupons. If you have an iPad/iPhone there's a Visit Niagara app (don't remember what it's called exactly). Marineland in Niagara falls is an amusement park. Storybook Gardens in London. Cullen Garden and Miniature Village in Whitby. There's also Niagara on the Lake.

We took the kids (6.5, 4.5, 2, and newborn) on Maid of the Mist last summer. The two big ones still talk about *all that water*! The younger two were free, IIRC. It was an hour and a half drive each way, and the boat ride is only about half an hour, max. Just FYI.

faigyl

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:32 pm
Cullen's gardens closed down
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics