Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Do you go to shul to hear megillas eichah?

Do you listen to megillas eicha?
yes  
 31%  [ 37 ]
no  
 68%  [ 81 ]
Total Votes : 118

wife2

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 7:21 pm
do you make an effort to hear megillas eichah? I know it is not required for women and it is difficult with kids to schedule going. just curious how many people go...

granolamom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 7:36 pm
I cant get to shul for eicha, I usually listen to it online

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 7:50 pm
I haven't since I became a mother. I read it on my own.

fromthedepths

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 7:57 pm
I haven't in many years, but my kids are getting older now. What age is old enough to bring to shul for Eicha?

Monseymom2

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 8:26 pm
What can I do to occupy myself till one o'clock Tuesday? Especially with a toddler that I hv to occupy and must be up and about from early morning

grace413

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 8:29 pm
I stopped going when I had kids. By the time my kid were big enough for me to go, I had so much difficulty fasting that I don't leave the house at all on Tisha b'Av.

fromthedepths

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 9:04 pm
Monseymom2 wrote:
What can I do to occupy myself till one o'clock Tuesday? Especially with a toddler that I hv to occupy and must be up and about from early morning

Blocks, Legos, coloring pictures, play doh. What does your toddler like to do?

Monseymom2

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 9:32 pm
My toddler doesn't do anything for more than five min and I'm scared ill b dizzy and exhausted I wanted advice on how to make the time pass easier fr myself

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 10:27 pm
I havent gone in about 5 years but some years my yishuv has a second later reading for whomever may have missed the first one and it is not always all women. There have been men at the second reading as well.

fromthedepths

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 11:35 pm
Monseymom2 wrote:
My toddler doesn't do anything for more than five min and I'm scared ill b dizzy and exhausted I wanted advice on how to make the time pass easier fr myself

Read? Listen to an online shiur while your toddler is playing? Or turning the house upside down? Wink

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 6:31 pm
I don't go to shul to hear the megillah because it's past DD's bedtime. I did find it online here, so I was able to listen from home.

mommee

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:38 pm
I can't go because of the kids, but I listen to it online. I find that it helps set the tone for me because elsewise things are just pretty much the same. Take care of clean up after kids bed time and supper etc. this keeps me focused. The 'niggun' that it's leined with always conjures up sad feelings, coupled with the words...well, I guess that's the point.

relish

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 1:50 pm
dee's mommy wrote:
I haven't since I became a mother. I read it on my own.

Me too, there was no option for that

b from nj

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 4:33 pm
I voted yes b/c I heard eichah but not in shul. I heard it via chabad.com. There was also a yutorah link to hear eichah.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 4:42 pm
Yes, or sort of, because I went to hear Eicha leined by my son at a home minyan down the block.

pause

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 6:26 pm
I read it myself.
and let me add: to myself.

kakky

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 9:22 pm
for the first time in 18 years I went to hear Eicha in the evening, the kids are growing up.
(I also did not have to go to the women's reading on Purim).

May this be our last Tisha b'Av fast.

preempservices

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:53 am
Make an effort? I missed it when I had children to attend to. Now I can and do. My fasting is not significantly impacted (B"H for Kalei Tzom).
I do kinnos at home over the internet.

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 11:18 am
I do now that my kids are big. I never thought of listening over the phone all the years I couldn't go. What a shame; it would have made such a difference in my Tisha B'av evening. In the morning, when the kids were young, I'd stay home and read the Churban Bais Hamikdosh in the Tzenah Urenah. Now, I go to the Kinos gathering in Yeshiva Ketana which is so inspirational and moving.

Another mom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:39 pm
When kids were small didn't go but missed it from camp!!
Been going since "baby" turned about 8
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note