Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Recc for a good camera?

calaflower

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 9:21 am
We haven't had good experience with our recent purchases of cameras (surprisingly, all canons-multiple issues that I can't go into ) and looking for a good point and shoot camera in the $150-$200 range. We've done so much research that my head is now spinning! Anyone have a basic point and shoot that you love?
The most important features to us are:
At least 8x optical zoom (pref. more...)
Quick picture taking (not too much delay between one picture and the next)
Takes good pictures in low lighting
doesn't drain battery in a 2hr. period
And obviously, takes beautiful pictures
Please help me, my kids are getting cuter by the moment and I need to capture it!!
Thanks so much!

Tzippora

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 9:45 am
Thank you for asking this, I'm in the market for the same thing, though I'm willing to go up a bit in price if the camera is really good. Cameras are so commoditized now it's hard to tell one from the other!

Will be keeping an eye on responses!

calaflower

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 12:33 pm
Yes, I'd also spend a little more if it meant the quality would be better but out seems like anything over that price range jumps to $400 for good quality.

mandr

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 3:00 pm
I frequently see deals for Nikon D3100s that are refurbished and now cost in the 300 range. They are refurbished through Nikon so you have more assurance this way. I own one (I bought it new when it just came out) and I'm BH extremely happy with it. PM me if you want to see sample pics. Btw, this is not a point-and-shoot camera, it's a DSLR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art