Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Smart phone & shabbos!
Previous  1  2

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 9:07 am
gp2.0 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
zip the phone in your purse. it's not that big a deal.

THIS.

You are not *addicted* because you picked up your phone once out of habit. There's a difference between a habit and an addiction. Did you go into withdrawl when you realized you couldn't use your phone?? No, you just said "oops" and put it down again.

Just put the phone away the way you would with all your other mukza stuff. Problem solved.

And during the week, take steps to limit your phone usage.

This again. It's just your body learning reflexive habits. It's like shutting off the light in the bathroom by mistake. Really not a big deal.

This.
I have walked out the house several times on shabbos and checked my stroller for drink, gum and phone. Three things I never leave the house without!
But on shabbos my phone gets switched off and put away with the ipad, computer and dh phone.

Its habit. Like when I go to the uk on shabbos, I prepare ds in the stroller then realize he cant go in it! Or I walkout with gum and suddenly realize I cant!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note