Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Whatkind of collection do kids have today?

sped

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 3:18 pm
For something I am working on, I would love to know what kindergarten/grade 1/grade 2 kids collect nowadays. Thanks

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:06 pm
It may differ between countries and cities.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:09 pm
it might be for a older child 8 plus jewelry made out of a toy called rainbow loom

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:22 pm
Girls or boys?

Stickers are still popular.

srbmom

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:34 pm
Some girls I know Are very into 'Lego friends'

PAMOM

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:35 pm
Rocks, feathers, stamps ( just for what's pretty), stuffed animals

granolamom

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 5:30 pm
my 6 yo ds(1st grader) collects lots of things. rocks, shells, screws/nuts/bolts that he finds laying around. pencils/pens. and scraps of fabric (I sew). he's got boxes for each, and will play with his collections, reorganizing, stuff like that.

my 3 yo dd (preK) collects....everything. she's got a collection of bags and small boxes. she finds things and sorts them and puts them in the boxes or bags. she's got a bag of beads, one of hairbands. a box of paperclips and rubberbands. a box of 'cuties' (these are the small prizes that her older siblings have discarded), things like that. her room's a cluttered mess but she knows if anything goes missing.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 6:07 pm
My 8 year old ds and his friends collect soccer player cards.

watermelon

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 6:42 pm
My sons class this year (1st graders) collected rabbanim stickers which are sold in Judaica stores in little packages of 4 stickers each. These were put into the collectors albums that are also sold in Judaica stores. They also traded stickers among themselves for the cards they were missing.
Over the summer the craze has been those little fuzzy stick on mustaches that come in different funny colors and shaped. I've seen them in the Jewish stores as well as the not Jewish stores do it must be popular all around these days.
For little girls I've noticed these skinny colorful plastic bracelets.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 02 2013, 2:29 am
petshops, polly pocket, pokemons

Sugar plum

Post Fri, Aug 02 2013, 4:13 am
My almost 5 year old likes to collect everything he sees! Right now, though, he has quite a collection of erasers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children