Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
18 month old wont sit on scale

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 12:01 pm
My daughter FREAKS out everytime we take her for a weigh in.

She screams, flails around, and is impossible to weigh.

Yesterday after numerous attempts, the nurse gave up...

What can I do to help my daughter be more cooperative at the scale?

kb

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 12:05 pm
I have the same problem. I hope it's something my son will grow out of (he's past 18 months and there's no improvement yet, but I'm still hoping.)

In the meantime, we weigh him like a suitcase LOL
I hold him, weigh both of us together, then my by myself, subtract, and the difference is how much he weighs.

momX4

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 12:49 pm
My pediatrician weighs himself with my kids when they wont sit still.

acccdac

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 12:54 pm
so my daughter did this from the time she was born until recently, 3 1/2 years old. She would step on my scale at home without a problem but when it came to the doctors office she would not stand on it.

My doctors office was very good about it.

When we were using the sitting scale (infant scale) the nurse would prepare it before I put her on, she knew where she should be based on the previous weigh-in. I would put my daughter down, she would cry and I would literally let go for 3 seconds for it to balance enough to get a general idea of her weight. It probably wasnt 100% accurate, but thank G-d after 2 months she never had a weight issue so they didnt need it to be 100% accurate (the same way the length of an infant is never really accurate.

Once she was 2 I would step on the scale with her and then step on without her, it was embarrassing having the nurse see MY wieght so my shoes and purse stayed on so this way I wasnt showing my EXACT weight either. But at least her weight was correct

oliveoil

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 2:13 pm
Just hold her and go on with her.

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 11:31 am
Yeah, my husband did end up weighing himself and then holding her and subtracting the difference.

The only problem is that my daughter had not been gaining so accuracy is important because we are looking at the difference in ounces.

I was thinking of trying to practice with her at home, try to make it fun somehow.... I know, I'm grasping...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics