Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Whats the deal with this chick

sara53

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 2:01 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ3Drq9s0mc

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 2:04 am
Sorry, couldn't watch more than 1 minute. Mumbling, sputtering... get to the point!

It's 3 years old, BTW.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 4:59 am
I can't stand when people refer to a girl as a chick.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 5:02 am
groisamomma wrote:

LOL
<---- have you seen your avatar lately? Wink

groisamomma

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 5:08 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
groisamomma wrote:

LOL
<---- have you seen your avatar lately? Wink

It's Tweety! Have you never heard of him??

I have students that use that term in normal conversation and it grates on my nerves. When I called their attention to it, they didn't even know it was degrading. They just hear it so often so they begin using it and don't realize how low and trashy it sounds. shock

shosh

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 5:12 am
Indeed.

A girl is not a chicken. She is a person of the female gender. Lady Lady

A chicken is a rather smelly creature, full of diseases, that for some reason my neighbours have decided to keep. And they have put the chicken coop on the lawn in front of our front window, so we can smell the lovely things and have people staring into our living room at the same time!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

groisamomma

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 5:14 am
shosh wrote:
Indeed.

A chicken is a rather smelly creature, full of diseases, that for some reason my neighbours have decided to keep. And they have put the chicken coop on the lawn in front of our front window, so we can smell the lovely things and have people staring into our living room at the same time!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Eeew. Those are chicks in the full sense of the word. Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 6:20 am
shosh wrote:
Indeed.

So, you're a vegetarian I take it?

I don't find a healthy chicken any more disease ridden than the average parakeet. Now if you're talking about the stuff that Empire passes off as "chicken", then I'd have to agree with you! Give me free range, organic any day. Yum!

alef12

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 6:03 pm
You would smell too if you were caged up in a small box with your own feces. A smelly chicken coop is a mismanaged one.

My chickens don't smell or have diseases. They eat our table scraps (no bal tashchis!) and provide delicious fresh eggs for us. We keep everything clean with lots and lots of fresh pine shavings in the "run" for the hens to dig and play in which are cleaned out whenever necessary.

shosh

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 12:37 am
Frantic, I'm not a vegetarian in the least. Far from it. As they say, the best chicken is a dead chicken, preferably in my Shabbos soup.

It's the live chickens that stink. And unlike the poster above, the neighbours ain't so meticulous with the little horrors' comfort or cleanliness!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 1:46 am
shosh wrote:
Frantic, I'm not a vegetarian in the least. Far from it. As they say, the best chicken is a dead chicken, preferably in my Shabbos soup.

It's the live chickens that stink. And unlike the poster above, the neighbours ain't so meticulous with the little horrors' comfort or cleanliness!

My theory is that kids and pets are only as good or bad as the people who are raising them. Don't malign the poor chickens, it's not their fault they're being raised like that!

If you're really concerned, a call to Animal Control could at least make sure that they are housed properly, and not creating a health nuisance. At best, maybe they'll be taken away if the neighborhood is not zoned for livestock. You can call anon if you like.

I HATE animal abuse! Mad

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 10:07 am
ich farshtay nisht - farvous zi vil reddin yiddish oif dem 'you tube' ... tzi macht a groise gesheft veggen di neiz - tzuzammen mit malky & boruch ... 'mir ken nisht nahr herrin du'
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics