Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Canon Camera

myself

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 2:58 pm
If you have a Canon camera, which model do you have? Are you happy with it? What features do you like best? I've been looking up different models online as a favour for a friend of mine, but it's all so confusing. I find first hand accounts are so much easier to go by.

Recommendations please!

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 8:45 pm
I have an elph 300hs.

Dh bought it for a gift for me and it was the latest model out when he got it.

I am not big into all the settings and such so I mainly use auto and sometimes black/white and sepia. I also use the video a lot.
Its clear pictures (make sure to focus obviously) and it snaps pretty quickly.
To view the pictures is also pretty quick which is a random thing but I like that since many cameras are really slow and annoying.

All in all, I am very happy with it as is my mom and my sister (who have the same).

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 11:56 pm
I have the Canon PowerShot SX50 HS. I love it!

I mainly use it for product photos on my website, and the macro feature is incredible.

You can see examples here: https://shoplately.com/Rivkasmom

My account manager is SUPER picky about image quality.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 5:51 am
My Canon Elph Powershot SD780is broke last month -- after it was dropped. The battery compartment lid broke off and now needs to held in place with a rubber band. It's a cute, lightweight, extremely small camera, but I haven't been that happy with the picture quality, especially indoors in less than ideal light. Shutter lag speed is poor.

I just ordered a Nikon 310 which is supposed to excel in some of the the conditions in which my Canon was lackluster -- shooting excellent pictures in low light conditions, not prone to "camera-shake," and it can also take wide-angle shots -- these are very helpful qualities for my space planning/kitchen design work. But it's also a bigger, bulkier camera. I don't have it in hand yet so we shall see.

racz

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 6:42 am
I had the canon rebel XT and now have canon 50D both are DSLRs.
My recommendation first right down what features are important there are website that compare the different cameras and then narrow down to the features and price range you are looking for.

myself

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 5:44 am
Thanks for all your replies, she's not looking for loads of features. Just a good zoom and clear pictures.
Anyone else have a camera they would recommend?

bubbebia

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 8:14 am
DH is on his 3rd in a series of little point and shoot cameras. Each one has been a Canon. And that is because he loved his first one and was very happy with the brand. He still is and refused to get anything else. He carries the thing in his pocket every moment except for Shabbos or YT as he is a bit of an artsy amateur photographer (his photos have won prizes at our local county fair) so they take a lot of abuse. He will never get anything else.

myself

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 2:21 pm
bubbebia wrote:
DH is on his 3rd in a series of little point and shoot cameras. Each one has been a Canon. And that is because he loved his first one and was very happy with the brand. He still is and refused to get anything else. He carries the thing in his pocket every moment except for Shabbos or YT as he is a bit of an artsy amateur photographer (his photos have won prizes at our local county fair) so they take a lot of abuse. He will never get anything else.

Can you share which camera he owns?

minnie mouse

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 4:17 pm
canon elph series is small compact, takes great pics
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars