Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
WWYD- Neighbor wants my wifi code
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Thanks ladies. Feel so much better about refusing now. I really was beginning to wonder if my objection was really coming from a selfish place deep down but now I am relieved to find that it is an unusual request (esp being that I have ZERO Sheichus with neighb) and that I am 100% entitled to turn her down.
wow- how do you make your wifi invisible?
Can anyone help me phrase my "refusal". I'm a total chicken when it comes to refusing favors. Thanks again.

give it a name that she won't recognize. I am sure there is a way to make it invisible but not sure how.

September June

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 8:00 pm
"I'm sorry, but we don't give out our passoword for our wifi"

"It's against our service contract to share the password"

bamamama

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 8:14 pm
CatLady wrote:
Quote:
If you were driving to a wedding and your neighbor was taking public transportation to the same wedding, would it not be selfish to say or think 'buy your own car, why should I let you have use of my car for free.'

The analogy doesn't hold up in this case - I would compare it to someone working in the same office as me, carpooling with me every day, never offering to chip in for gas and asking me to buzz by Costco on the way home so she can pick up TP. IOW, a schnorrer. I never mind doing favours, but I strenuously object to being taken advantage of.

We had friends like that once. "Can you give us a ride home when Shabbos ends? We also need to stop by the store. Oops. We realized we don't have any money!"

mom46

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 8:36 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/......html

never give your wifi code
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette