Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PANDAS would love to hear your experience

amother

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 3:58 pm
I have a teen son who has been very challenging and recently it became much worse. Years ago I suspected that there is a relationship with strep but my pediatrician laughed at me.

I switched dr.s and he was on antibiotics for a while. He did improve for a while and then went back to the behaviors. We stopped and went on to other things, thinking maybe it was wrong.

I am now pretty convinced that he has it and I am going to get blood work done. I know people recommended Dr. Schulman but I live in Israel so that does not help me.

Would love to hear any experience you have. What was your child like. How did you treat it? Did it work. What treatment and what doses helped you.

Would love to get info asap.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 6:18 am
Anyone have any info on Pandas- pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorder assosiated with strep???

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 7:03 am
I got this in an email from Dr Schulman:
Have pediatrician do following bloodwork:
ASLO,AntiDNAseB antibodies, Lyme Titers and Mycoplasma pneumonae titers.

Her treatment protocol:
http://drmdk.com/html/pandas_p......html

From NIMH's site:
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health.....shtml

Just passing on the info - it didn't apply to us.

goforit

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:22 am
For us what did the trick was clydomicen. We were going to to ifig (change the platlets in the blood or something) but we tried this and it worked bh. We got our child back. You should definitly be in touch vie email with dr. Schulman. I believe that once he reaches puberty its not called pandas but tourtes? or something good luck

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:44 am
Thanks for the replies! Helpful. I thought Dr. Schulman gave zithromax. Do you have her email address? Thanks.,

Striver

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:46 am
I wrote an article about a mother whose son has PANDAS. She put her entire family on the GAPS diet and saw tremendous changes in her son.
Feel free to pm me for more details.

fiddle

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:58 am
dr shulmans daughter is a pediatrician in leumit in ramat bet shemesh. she can possibly help you.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 9:07 am
Can I email the person who wrote the article? Did Dr. Shulman write it or was she just forwarding?

I have been wondering for a while if my son might have PANDAS. He has explosive behaviors, anger, anxiety ....and he wasn't always like this. Recently he was put on anti biotics for bronchitis and suddenly we have noticed that he has calmed down and is behaving better and seems happier --easier to deal with. We did not think about the anti biotics but maybe that's what did it ....and if so, maybe he needs to be on it for longer and not just 10 days. I have tried to ask my Dr. but he suggested and phycological evaluation. Who can I ask fast ...before the old behaviors return????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics