Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
A place to stay for shabbos in Sheepshead Bay NY?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 11:33 am
My dh's brother who is completely secular lives near Sheepshead Bay. He was recently diagnosed with something that is very scary and my dh would like to be near them for shabbos if possible just to give chizzuk etc. I think there is a frum community in that area - do they have some kind of hachnasas orchim apartments etc? We could bring all the food etc just need a place to stay and daven.

Any leads will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

agreer

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 12:13 pm
At the bottom of this page there is a topic about kid friendly should in sheepshead bay. The last post suggests calling rabbi frieman of nachlath Zion ave v and 23. Why not give that a try?

Good luck and refuah shelaima to your brother in law

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 12:20 pm
is it possible to stay with your brother & just buy takeout & paper plates ... then all you have to do is find a shul to daven at

amother

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 2:34 pm
My BIL is having some major work done on his house so it's impossible for us to stay there....

I found a website for chabad of sheepshead bay and sent them an email....hopefully they will respond soon.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 2:44 pm
Unfortunately there are no biker Cholim apts in that area. However I suggest calling Rabbi Fried of the Young Israel of Bedford BAy. It's the shul in that area, modern orthodox lovely shul. The rabbi will probably be Ble to help you out.

doctorima

Post Wed, Aug 21 2013, 3:49 pm
Maybe try Shabbat.com to see if there are any families in that area available to host?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 10:35 am
Bump. Still looking for a place - any other suggestions?

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 10:40 am
how far are you traveling ... where will you stay when it's not shabbos ... can you stay in a different neighborhood just for shabbos then go see bil before and/or after shabbos ?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 5:26 pm
Maybe try calling Rabbi Reisman. His shul is very close to that area and he may have leads.

Augudath Israel of Madison
2122 Avenue S, Brooklyn, NY 11229
(718) 998-8029

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 6:45 pm
Rabbi Reismans shul has a nshei, I can try and get their number for you if you would like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note