Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Sibling portraits, need ideas

yaeli83

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 9:04 am
I'm taking my three kids, ages new born, 18 months and 4 to do family portraits. Does anyone have suggestions for outfits that would look nice? The two younger ones are boys and oldest is a girl.

We did jeans and white tops for my older two and im looking for something a little different this time.

Thanks

bnm

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 5:01 pm
what do they have in the closet? I recently did pictures of my kiddos, they wore gray and yellow. another pose was in their gingham shabbos clothes (pink and light blue). when I was a kid black tops, tan pants/skirts was popular and very easy to find in the uniform section.

tikva18

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 7:19 pm
I like to do Shabbos clothing.

Simple1

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 7:41 pm
For a different idea, you can dress each kid in a different solid colored t shirt - use colors that look nice together.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:38 pm
I don't like being too matchy-matchy (every in EXACTLY the same outfit, just different sizes), but I like choosing a color scheme and keeping within that family of colors. Sort of like a magazine shoot -- coordinated individuality.

So, one kid in a blue skirt and blue sleeveless top over a white shell, one kid in a blue and yellow patterned top with jeans, one in a solid yellow polo with yellow-and-white-and-blue plaid shorts, etc.

I usually pick one kid's outfit first and work around that.

busydev

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 10:02 am
I didnt take sibling portraits (only have 1 DS so far) but we recently took grandkid portraits of the grandsons (ages newborn to 5). each boy wore denim shorts (or navy shorts in the case of one family that doesnt wear denim) and a different solid color polo that were similar shades (all bright in our case, but it could be pastel too or something like that)

so we had a rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green and blue. we were only missing the purple... maybe that will be mine next time if we have a girl lol. it looked really nice!

yaeli83

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 11:00 am
Great ideas. I also like coordinating rather then matching. I think I will pick something that I like for dd and coordinate the boys to that.

Also we will be taking pix of just newborn ds. Do you think its better to have him in a white onesie, or just his diaper? I never understand how ppl are able to get naked baby photos. The second I take off ds's diaper he is going potty everywhere!

Simple1

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 11:25 am
I like onesies for newborns. Diapers aren't so nice in pictures unless you can get hold of a diaper cover, or somehow have a blanket draped over the bottom. Or you can do a close up pose. I don't care for fully naked pictures - and he might not like it when he gets older.

Last edited by Simple1 on Fri, Aug 23 2013, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

bnm

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 11:26 am
I keep my babies dressed. only the chubby babies look cute naked, I don't like being able to count their ribs....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art