Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Out of Network Dr. in In-Network Hospital - WWYD?

questioner

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 4:26 pm
I B"H had a baby a little while ago. I used a dr. that accepted my insurance, and a hospital that accepted my insurance.

BUT
there was meconium present when my water broke, so they called in a neonatologist? pediatrician? to be present at the delivery. B"H all was well, and the dr. didn't do anything extra. I forgot all about it until I got hit with a massive out-of-network bill.
Same story with the state mandated hearing test for the baby. They did the test and a month later I found out that the auditory place doesn't take my insurance and was hit with a bill.
(Note that this is not my first baby at this hospital and I never had these issues before)

This feels wrong - I got no choice on which dr. to use and just get stuck with the bill? Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do? I complained to my insurance company and am appealing again, still waiting on results.

Sugar plum

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 4:37 pm
I had this with the anesthesiologist. It was an in network hospital and out of network doctor. My husband spoke to the doctors office and told them that he didn't hire them and if they didn't accept my insurance it's not his problem that they should bill the hospital.
We didn't hear from them after that.
You need to stand up and fight it. You didn't hire them, you're not paying. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics