Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I quit..... what would you do?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 3:22 am
I need some time off of work.

I'm a 1st time mom went back to work when baby was 6 weeks he'll be 13 weeks tomorrow.
had a two week winter break after three weeks of being back on the job (teaching preschool two year olds).
we got new students after the break and I just feel likes it's the 3rd start of the school year.
1st the real one
2nd after my 8 weeks off I was on strict bed rest for the last two
3rd now b/c of the new kids

I feel as they aren't learning anything (not like they really have to be but I have a lot of pressure from director. I would quit but I feel bad for the students and parents who went through a lot of substitutes in my absence. MY HUSBAND IS DEFINITELY FEELING MY STRESS AS IS MY HOUSEWORK.

should I quit. I dont' work for the moeny come home with 9 a day after taces maaser and babysitter yeah I said nine a day. there are 5 weeks paid from when I came b ack to the end of the year didn't get paid when had baby. did it for the social scene since I live out of town. totally don't need the 9 dollars a day. and husband got a 300 week raise right after I went back. lol helpppppppppp

hila

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 5:06 am
So why ARE you working ? I don't get it. If I had had a choice after any of mine were born I would have quit. And we get 12 weeks paid leave here.

If it were me - and it is not - I would quit and enjoy your own baby.

However it is your decision.

Shabbat shalom

mummy-bh

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 5:31 am
I agree with Hila.

For 9 dollars a day, you willingly give up your time with your precious 3 month old baby?

Seems to me there are 2 issues over here. Firstly, guilt about potentially messing up the kids you teach, secondly, the fact that you feel you need to get out of the house a little each day. Well, there are loads of threads already about how to stay sane as a SAHM; I'm not going to elaborate on further ideas. As for the 1st issue, the kids already had a lot of chopping and changing with their teachers. There still is half of the school year left. If you quit now, you will be giving them the opportunity to have stability for the next 1/2 a year. On the other hand, if you keep this job, you owe it to them to stay for the next 1/2 year, as well.
amother wrote:
MY HUSBAND IS DEFINITELY FEELING MY STRESS AS IS MY HOUSEWORK.
I think the use of caps here says it all!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 9:40 am
I have to say, I dont really know why someone would choose to go to work when their baby was so small. I understand that for many people its not a choice and they really need the money, but for someone who doesnt need the money why do it? Why have kids if you are just going to dump them by a babysitter all day? I really dont get it.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 10:10 am
I undertanding wanting to get up and out each day . . . money notwithstanding.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 21 2007, 10:46 pm
I understand you need to see people and not be home all day...but if it's only $9 a day that you can B"H live without, take a few more weeks or even months off....try to socialize during other times...
I work....but even I didn't HAVE to, I'd probably still work part time to get out, so I understand your need to see adults! Smile as long as you'll make some time for that, as well.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 9:54 am
If you want to quit then quit. Don't feel guilty. You have to do whats best for you and your family and this dosn't sound like staying is the best for them. The kids in your class will get over it, they are TWO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics