Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. susan shulman and pandas

amother

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 7:58 pm
What does Dr. Shulman recommend for pandas?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 8:02 pm
Antibiotics. But only specific ones.
Sometimes it's a short time thing at a high dose, sometimes it's a long term thing at a low dose (6-12 months.)
The PANDAS symptoms need to be monitored. Doc needs to make sure treatment is working.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 8:23 pm
Which antibiotics?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 8:30 pm
She writes about it in her book.
http://rbsmedical.com/?p=21#high_1
I guess it might be worth it to try it on your own if you can't see her, but I really don't know if you can get rid of it without knowing the proper dosages and lengths of time for treatment.
Each case is individual, and the method each time needs tweaking to custom fit the child and the case.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Feb 20 2012, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 8:33 pm
If you think your child has Pandas you might want to see if you can pay a visit to her office. It's important for a dr. who knows a lot about Pandas to treat it and keep tabs on the child....

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 8:39 pm
http://www.dailymotion.com/vid.....tyle#

http://www.dailymotion.com/vid.....tyle#

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 11:10 pm
Does anyone know if dr shulman would take a new patient now for pandas? I live in lakewood and I heard that she specializes in this I would love to take my son to her

solo

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 3:06 pm
I wanted to see her and was told I must see any other dr at her practice for 1st visit. So I paid 300$ for a consult. And was hardly reimbursed by my insurance

real

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 3:51 pm
Your lucky.I took my daughter to her and paid $400 for consult.insurance paid me back $210.she cares a lot. I changed to dr bouboulis in Connecticut.he is an immunologist and specializes in autoimmune disorder.he also takes my insurance which is a major plus and he is famous for curing pandas.the only thing is that his office is very unorganized so you have to be on top of everything yourself. My daughter is much better after getting medication from bouboulis

real

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 3:52 pm
Shea also takes new patients but doesn't accept insurance for pandas cases

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 4:44 pm
I would advise you to do the blood test at your own pediatrician and if the numbers are high, to then call her to schedule an appt.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 11:19 pm
Real: can you tell me what medicine dr bouboulis used for your child that ultimately worked? Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 11:19 pm
Real: can you tell me what medicine dr bouboulis used for your child that ultimately worked? Thanks!

real

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 9:02 pm
Sorry, I don't go on that often.I first went to dr schulman and she put my daughter on Zithromax.then I went to dr bouboulis to check him out.he recommended augmenting as we'll as the Zithromax and did tons of blood work.it came back from the blood test that the Zithromax wasn't working the way it should be so he took her off of that.he also found out she also had another bacteria in her system that Zithromax should have killed.but didn't.so he put her on clarithromycyn also.her numbers. We're really high though. I have seen such a big change with her since the augmenten.dr bouboulis checks the whole family for bacteria and strep oppose to just the pandas child.thats how dr schulman and dr bouboulis differ.but according to my pediatrician, they r both right and both have cured pandas.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:20 pm
Zithromax. Did nothing for my son. After a year I went solo and tried the gaps diet. He is better now, bh. None of my kids have been sick in the two years we've been on the diet. It takes work but you will heal your immune system.

rydys

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 8:30 am
amother wrote:
Zithromax. Did nothing for my son. After a year I went solo and tried the gaps diet. He is better now, bh. None of my kids have been sick in the two years we've been on the diet. It takes work but you will heal your immune system.

Any diet that requires that much supplementation cannot be good for you. A person should be able to get all their nutrients from their food, not from artificial sources.

ange

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 12:15 pm
Not sure where you got your information from. If you read the book, she clearly states what you just wrote about getting most of your nutrition from food. However some supplementation is also helpful. We just used probiotics and cod liver oil. These are both widely recommended supplements in the natural health field.

As an aside, your tone came across quite know it all, which is funny because you obviously don't know much about the gaps diet, and seem to be suggesting that a lifelong of psychotropic drugs or antibiotics would be preferable to treating this disease. Now THAT can't be good for the body!

rydys

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 2:58 pm
I did not say anything about treatment of PANDAS. I had never heard of the gaps diet so I went to the website and read about it. It lists several supplements which it says are necessary, not optional. I stand by what I said above.

ange

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 3:57 pm
It's easier to be a naysayer than a doer. Boruch Hashem I am a doer and saved my sons life.

Best of luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics