Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help me make a food schedule for the babysitter

amother

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 11:57 pm
I would love input from all you experienced mothers. my 7month old baby will be at the babysitter every day from 8-4 appx. (I know, very sad, long day) I will pump at work once or maybe twice if I must. my baby eats some solids (baby cereal, and fruit and veggie jars) can you help me figure out a schedule/eating plan? what do I send to the babysitter? what instructions to give her? im a bit overwhelmed and also nervous that I wont be able to pump enough... as a first time mom, any input would be so appreciated...

amother

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 12:05 am
I send 3 four ounce bags of breastmilk. (Some babies drink more at longer intervals so 2 six ounce bags of milk works too.)
At 7 months I had already added one solid meal (I chose lunch) like cereal with breastmilk and pureed fruit or vegetable.
A short time after that I started serving baby both breakfast and lunch, so breakfast was the cereal meal and lunch was chicken/rice or whole wheat bread/avocado with or without yogurt.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 12:31 am
wow.. 12 oz everyday? that sounds like a lot to pump.. I doubt ill be able to do that

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 1:25 am
I am a babysitter, it very much depends on the child. I give all the food, but I have had 7 month olds who could eat like a toddler, and 7 month olds who drank only milk.

Feed the baby right before dropping off if you can. Also get the baby used to drinking water if it is for comfort (like you fed him an hour ago, but he wants to go to sleep now and wants a bottle, she can give a bottle of water). I make for the kids mashed fruit. I put 2 or 3 whole fruits in the processor and they eat that. If you use a banana or avacado it will have a smooth texture, if not you can add in some techina or yogurt (I think dairy wait until 9 months is the current recommendation). I would then make sure there is milk for the middle of the day, probably at least 4 ounces. You can do the same t hing after (water for nap) and maybe send some cereal or mashed chicken soup for the end of the day. You will probably need two bottles, at least in the beginning, but should be able to get it down to one bottle as the baby gets used to more food.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 11:46 am
bump

amother

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 11:47 am
bump

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 2:55 pm
I would ask the babysitter to fill in the food and liquid intake sheet. Something to track Time, What food/beverage, and Amount. (Also combine with nappy change sheet).

Other things are basically what foods your baby had already tasted/tolerated, and if he/she has any allergies. Would you let her introduce new foods gradually? (Babycare books should have what's normally accepted at different age).

Are you sending her prepared/cooked foods, or is she going to be the one preparing it?
Is she Jewish, and how is her kashrut knowledge?

We had a non-Jewish nanny who worked at our house, so I had to prepare all foods and only let her heat up. For the first two weeks or so, I had to explain milky/meaty part, make sure either I or DH supervised meal time and washing up. Even then I only let her feed/prepare milky food for another 3months or so, till I felt more comfortable letting her serve meaty to children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics