Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Kindergarten girl's backpack
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 10:06 pm
Rats, I had seen the Children's Place one in a store the other day for close to $20 which was much more than I had hoped to spend, and now it's so much less and I bet I have a coupon too, could get it around $8. But I just bought a junky character one for $4 at Amazing Savings. I figured for $4 I can handle Minnie Mouse. But DD has a thing about leopard and would probably have loved the Children's Place one.

The Lands End ones all look much too big for a preschooler/kindergartener.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 1:39 am
Kids used to bring actual briefcases to school. I vaguely remember having one. Some kids had knapsacks. That turned into the term backpack or schoolbag.

So if you or your parents grew up saying briefcase, the term might stick.

I say yalkut or schoolbag. The small kind for kids in gan is called a teek. The kind for Bais Yaakov high schoolers is also called a teek.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 7:44 am
seeker wrote:
While we're on the subject, where do you buy them? I want with no characters, just a generic design. Everything I see in stores is BIG. My preschooler is tiny compared to those. I remember having a cute little one when I was a kid. Would prefer not to spend too much, either. Any hint?

Just FYI my MIL works in a preschool and she said sometimes they need to tell parents to send a bigger knapsack because all the projects the kids make don't fit into those tiny knapsacks.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics