Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Help to organize deep cupboards in pantry

noosheen

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 6:49 am
I really could use some help with this. Every time I cean things up in my pantry they get messed up again!
My kitchen pantry is four deeeeep shelves. They are not small butnarrow enought that u can't really manouver things well. How can I organize things so they somewhat stay that way?
Thanks!

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 7:07 am
Are the shelves adjustable?

Sometimes, changing the heights can help.

These are things you are probably already doing, but just to brainstorm...

Try putting tallest things in the back, having lines of similar items (spices, sauces, etc), and buying plastic containers in graduated sizes for dry goods so that you can see the cornflakes and the raisin bran in the same row.

Assess which kinds of things are making the biggest problem -- maybe many things are fine, but the baking staples are a mess -- and look for a solurion to that piece, one at a time.

You might want to hang a spice rack on the inside of the pantry door, and store things further back on the shelf, so you can see two sides when the door opens.

Happy reorganizing!

5*Mom

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:06 am
If you have a bit of money to invest, you might find it worthwhile to install pullout shelves on runners. They will make your life sooooo much easier.

freidasima

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:40 am
IF not, then long plastic containers not too deep that you can put things in and see and pull out.

skinny

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:49 am
I got a lazy susan its round and it spins around dont know ho to post link but I got it @ cts a while ago

yo'ma

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 7:30 pm
My pantry was also very deep, so I switched the pantry for my cabinet for pots and pans. When I redid my kitchen, I made for the shelves to slide out.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 12:19 am
I know a girl who is amazing at this. She works with you to organize in a way that will keep it organized for months to come. If you're interested I'll post her number. She helped me turn my home from a crazy disorganized place, to one of utterly blissful organized cozy home.

turbomom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 10:21 pm
I am desperate for someone to help me get my kitchen organized, though I am effective in other ways, I just cant get the kitchen organization in hand. Any organizers that are tried and true? Don't mind spending but I don't like using people without referrals. Location: Brooklyn.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 12:11 am
My sister used Mrs. Twersky - the SpaceMaster 718-436-0402
She was very happy with her approach
HATZLOCHA
anon cuz sister is sensitive about announcing that she used an organizer...so just in case you can figure me out...I'll keep it safe

turbomom

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 7:07 am
Thanks so much I will give her a call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics