Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen aid question

Keep kitchen aid pareve?
yes keep it totally pareve  
 94%  [ 33 ]
just make it meat keylim  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

abaker

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 4:44 pm
I have a kitchen aid mixer that I havent used yet (our old one broke a while back so we got a replacement) the thing is...I have a meat oven and a dairy toaster oven....pretty much any baking I do is done in the meat oven...should I go ahead and make the kitchen aid "meat keylim" or should I keep it pareve?

I cant decide if its too much hassle to keep pareve (washing with a pareve sponge/not soaking it in the sink when dirty since the dishpan would be meat/using pareve measuring cup and utensils...which I dont have anyway)

what do you think? I cant remember what I did with the first kitchen aid I had..

ariellabella

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 5:50 pm
I have one kitchenaid with 2 bowls and attachment sets. One set is pareve and the other is milchig.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 6:09 pm
ariellabella wrote:
I have one kitchenaid with 2 bowls and attachment sets. One set is pareve and the other is milchig.

Yup. Me too. Plus they also make a glass bowl so some people would hold that you could use it for both/either

sped

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 6:11 pm
My mixer is pareve. I have pareve measuring cups, spatulasand spoons. Getting a pareve set is just a few dollars. I use cold water and soak it in the sink, though not for a long time. If it is all cold, I don't think it is a problem.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 8:42 pm
I use it Pareve however one day I would like to get another bowl and attachments for dairy.

The only thing I could see using meat with the Kitchen Aid for is if you have the meat grinder attachment and want to grind meat. But that in no way uses the bowl or has anything to do with the main mixer. Does anybody use the bowl and attachments for things that need to be meat or is it just for convenience since like OP it will be baked in meat oven?

shanie5

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 10:55 pm
A friend told me that her sister washes her parve kitchen aid bowl in the dishwasher which is a meat dishwasher. My friend was horrified at first. But her sister called her rov and was told it was fine-and still parve.

I was told I can mix my cheesecake recipe in the parve kitchen aid if all the ingredients are cold. Or rather, there is nothing hot in it. Just make sure its cleaned well.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 11:03 pm
shanie5 wrote:
A friend told me that her sister washes her parve kitchen aid bowl in the dishwasher which is a meat dishwasher. My friend was horrified at first. But her sister called her rov and was told it was fine-and still parve.

I was told I can mix my cheesecake recipe in the parve kitchen aid if all the ingredients are cold. Or rather, there is nothing hot in it. Just make sure its cleaned well.

According to many Rabbis a dishwasher can be used for both meat and dairy dishes.

I heard the same regarding cold. Hot meat/dairy is the issue.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Aug 29 2013, 11:05 pm
abaker wrote:
I have a kitchen aid mixer that I havent used yet (our old one broke a while back so we got a replacement) the thing is...I have a meat oven and a dairy toaster oven....pretty much any baking I do is done in the meat oven...should I go ahead and make the kitchen aid "meat keylim" or should I keep it pareve?

I cant decide if its too much hassle to keep pareve (washing with a pareve sponge/not soaking it in the sink when dirty since the dishpan would be meat/using pareve measuring cup and utensils...which I dont have anyway)

what do you think? I cant remember what I did with the first kitchen aid I had..

What would you make with a Kitchen Aid mixer that's meat?

Marion

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 1:32 am
Pareve.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 10:12 am
shanie5 wrote:

Yes, a friend borrowed some tins and washed them in her fleishig dishwasher and I blanched till she told me what her rav said. I don't have a dishwasher. I do have lots of pareve keilim. I guess if I ever get a dishwasher I'll learn hilchos dishwashers.

mille

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 12:07 pm
I'm also wondering what you'd do to actually make the kitchen aid meat equipment -- what meat stuff would you make in the bowl?

My rabbi said my kitchen aid is pareve despite using cold dairy ingredients in it. Nothing about cold butter could make it innately dairy, so I'm wondering what meat stuff you want to do to make it meat?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen