Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO Frozen Ravioli/Kreplach dough or WonTon wrappers

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 4:25 am
I just saw them on Supersol's website, but I don't know of a supersol near here.

Does anyone know where I can get them near Kiryat Sefer?

Thanks!!!

SRK

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 4:31 am
interested to

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 4:35 am
SRK wrote:
interested to

If you have a supersol near you or if they deliver to your area, you should be able to get it there. I just saw it on their website.

SRK

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 5:45 am
What is it called?

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 6:18 am
It's called Batzaik Lipasta the company that makes it is Meudenet. You can find it here under frozen>doughs & baking> doughs (it's in the middle of the second line)
Supersol-online shopping

SRK

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 7:18 am
Thanks!

Tamiri

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 7:45 am
mamaleh wrote:
It's called Batzaik Lipasta the company that makes it is Meudenet. You can find it here under frozen>doughs & baking> doughs (it's in the middle of the second line)
Supersol-online shopping
You probably mean Maadanot. Play on the word "Maadan" which is a delicacy. In any event, the stores I shop at have wrappers (cigar wrappers work too) in the freezer section. Non name brands = cheaper.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 7:48 am
Tamiri wrote:
mamaleh wrote:
Supersol-online shopping
You probably mean Maadanot. Play on the word "Maadan" which is a delicacy. In any event, the stores I shop at have wrappers (cigar wrappers work too) in the freezer section. Non name brands = cheaper.

Can you boil the cigar wrappers? I thought they needed to be baked or fried.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 8:08 am
I am not sure, but why not... it's prob all the same, no? I know my mother has made kreplach from bought wonton wrappers... maybe you are right and the cigar wrappers are too thin? What do you think?

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 8:36 am
Tamiri wrote:
I am not sure, but why not... it's prob all the same, no? I know my mother has made kreplach from bought wonton wrappers... maybe you are right and the cigar wrappers are too thin? What do you think?

My experience is that different doughs can be used for different things.

Pasta type doughs are made to be boiled. They can also be fried (baking does not work so well).

Pastry doughs are meant to be baked. Some of them work for frying, but definitely not for boiling.

Eggroll wrappers are meant to be fried but can be baked as well (not really for boiling, though).

Won Ton wrappers are the only ones that I've seen do all three (although, in my experience they are not so great baked).

I know many people use eggroll & wonton wrappers interchangebly, but that is only for frying (as far as I've seen)

I am looking for something I can boil, thus pasta dough or won ton wrappers. If anyone has experience boiling cigar wrappers, I'd love to hear about it.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 8:37 am
I believe my mother used the wonton.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 8:53 am
Do you know where I can get them?

Tamiri

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 9:14 am
mamaleh wrote:
Do you know where I can get them?
By us, they come packaged in the frozen section. Check a big supermarket in your area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions