Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Help! Traveling with young children

YChannah

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 3:29 pm
I am traveling for succos with a baby and toddler and need advice.
Do I bring a car seat on the plane or do lap? its ny to la and back. Flight there is during the day, the flight back is at night.
Also, do I bring a snap n go, single umbrella stroller, or double umbrella stroller?
Andy advice is appreciated,
Thanks!!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 3:46 pm
I am just advising that unless you paid for seat for child/ren under age of 2, you probably won't be allowed to bring on the car seat. Please call and ask. It uses another seat so usually it's a no.

Best is probably to bring a double and a sling or something for baby while you wait for carriage to come up.

Hatzlacha!

Peanut2

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 3:59 pm
If you have a snap and go and there is an extra seat next to you they will let you bring the car seat, but that's a big if.

YChannah

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:27 pm
thanks!

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:58 pm
I always bring the car seat to the gate and ask if there is any way to seat us so that we can put the car seat in a spare seat. They are generally very accommodating and happily do so whenever possible. I definitely prefer it to holding a wriggling child the whole flight.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:48 pm
For the toddler you will have to probably buy a seat (if over 2) in which case car seat is probably best unless you want to be running up and down the middle aisle after them.
For the baby, like others said you will only be allowed if there is a seat and contrary to what the others have posted, I have found most airlines to be extremely strict these days about using the extra seat. It really depends on the airline and the crew on board that day.

If your baby is young I would recommend to travel with a single umbrella for the toddler in the airport and carry the baby in a wrap/sling. This also makes it easier when holding the baby on your knee. You will want something for the toddler in the airport since it is a large new fun place, losing a kid there is no fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries