Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Wave of the future - rabbinic courts annul agunah's marriage
Previous  1  2

self-actualization

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 10:41 am
Let's just put it this way - so far the halachic pre-nup has a 100% track record. In 100% of the time that it was brought before the civil court, the payment penalty was enforced, B"H. (There was just a case this past spring about some woman doctor from Connecticut who successfully had the halachic pre-nup enforced in court). My brother-in-law who is yeshivish just got married and signed one, and I am so happy that they are being instrumental in setting the precedent that no marriage should take place without a halachic pre-nup.

I'm sure that every couple thinks that they are unique and so in love and it won't happen to them. However, if the halachic pre-nup becomes the mainstream way to marry, then even the 1% of couples who find themselves in an acrimonious breakup will be covered and then we may be on our way to getting out of this mess. There are some really great congregational rabbis of mainstream shuls who will not be mesader kiddushin unless the couple agrees to sign a halachic pre-nup. These rabbis are saving their congregations and contributing to the salvation of klal yisroel as a whole.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics