Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Bar Mitzvah Boy Sam Horowitz on Ellen

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 4:26 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDdq7RDABxc

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 4:53 pm
all I saw was celine dion singing ...

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 5:01 pm
strange, I just open my link and the bar mitzvah boy came on.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 5:02 pm
no wonder ~ I turned on the tv What

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 8:40 pm
Oh that is great!
Gotta love ellen with her brand prods...that kippah is awesome!

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 9:00 pm
That is the most appalling thing I have seen in a long time - right, I don't do much watching overall, but this was NOT what I expected to see titled "bar mitzva boy." Sad Sad

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 9:02 pm
I want that kippah!!!!

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 9:23 pm
Sad. Disturbing. Sad

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 9:37 pm
I agree, sad and disturbing. This is not what a bar mitzvah celebration is supposed to be about.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 10:22 pm
gold21 wrote:
I agree, sad and disturbing. This is not what a bar mitzvah celebration is supposed to be about.
No but if you know anything about the type of crowd or type of "jew" this boy is, the fact he is calling it his bar mitzvah, and so publicly too, is worth that little bit of jewishness that is connected to the whole thing.

Like I said on the thread where this original video was posted, when frum people say "bar mitzvah" they procure an image of tefillin, a nice small seudas mitzvah with separate seating and if it is really fancy, a photographer!
Welcome to the other side of things. I have seen plenty in my life including a bar mitzvah celebration for a dog. Yup, a bark mitzvah.
Just be happy he still does one thing connected to judaism.

Barbara

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 11:47 pm
Yes, we know that no frum Jew would ever have a large bar mitzvah celebration.

Did y'all know that Sam Horowitz asked that his guests make charitable contributions to a youth village in Israel in lieu of gifts; he raised $36,000.

He was also called to the Torah, and leyned.

Why do we always need to insult the way that other people do things?

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 12:13 am
The fact that the boy in the video raised a large amount of charity does not negate the tragedy that there is a large portion of society that believes it is at all appropriate to celebrate a Jewish rite of passage with a dozen scantily clad dancers. I have nothing against the bar mitzvah boy or his family, he looks like a great kid, I am SAD for him that he is a victim of this culture.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 12:29 am
To be clear, this boy should be admired for his maturity and huge heart.

I still can't believe that anyone here doesn't find it disturbing for a 13 year old boy to be performing publicly to a song about making love, with backup dancers who are dressed like strippers, doing dance moves that are s-xual in nature. It is a very sad reflection on society.

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 1:33 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
To be clear, this boy should be admired for his maturity and huge heart.

I still can't believe that anyone here doesn't find it disturbing for a 13 year old boy to be performing publicly to a song about making love, with backup dancers who are dressed like strippers, doing dance moves that are s-xual in nature. It is a very sad reflection on society.

Why do you assume nobody here is disturbed by this? In the original thread on this topic, many people brought up this (glaringly obvious) point.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 9:15 pm
hashem yerachem !!!!!
what bar mitzva the boy is still taseting his mothers milk and he is entering mitzvahood with so many averot this is so sad I just hope 1 day we all wake up and realize this is not how we celebrate bar/bat mitzva !!!!!

Barbara

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
hashem yerachem !!!!!
what bar mitzva the boy is still taseting his mothers milk and he is entering mitzvahood with so many averot this is so sad I just hope 1 day we all wake up and realize this is not how we celebrate bar/bat mitzva !!!!!

Hashem yerachem.

What kind of person who claims to be an adult, a married woman, goes online to insult a little boy. I hope one day you wake up and realize how truly sick that is.

mirror

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 12:24 am
Barbara wrote:

Hashem yerachem.

What kind of person who claims to be an adult, a married woman, goes online to insult a little boy. I hope one day you wake up and realize how truly sick that is.

Barbara, with all due respect, all boys of Chareidi origin -- whether Litvish or Chassidish -- are taught from early on not to look at any woman who is clothed immodestly because this might lead to impure thoughts.

If you read through the Yom Kippur Machzor, somewhere (help me out please) men have to atone for thinking impure thoughts that come from looking at women who are dressed immodestly.

I don't honestly think the poster intended to insult the boy. I think she is trying to point out how sad it is that at his own Bar Mitzva he is surrounded with women who are dressed immodestly. (Which can cause him to touch self and spill seed unnecessarily, a sin.)

If I didn't know better, I would have agreed with you.

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 12:36 am
Barbara wrote:
amother wrote:
hashem yerachem !!!!!

Hashem yerachem.

I don't think she was insulting the boy. She was criticizing his parents' choices for how to celebrate this simcha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics