Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
The surprising things boys do, or tips for mothers of boys
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Nov 15 2012, 11:37 pm
We have a little zoo in our bathroom...my sons collect all sorts of animals they keep in the bathroom I just close my eyes when I go in there Smile

eschaya

Post Thu, Nov 15 2012, 11:58 pm
DS to me last year: "Mommy, did you wash the pants I was wearing yesterday?"
Me: "Of course, why?"
DS: "Oh well, I had put a centipede in the pocket".

eschaya

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 12:03 am
Also... every string or rope in the house is used to tie objects together, hang things, attach things.
DSs (4 and 6 y.o.) play outside every day "doing work". They dig and dig, find and move wood, cinder blocks, branches, scrap metal, and anything that might be dangerous.

sleepwalking

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 1:53 am
No your sister is not the doll you hide in a closet when you play hide and seek with objects ( I realise girls can do these too, but as I have 2 boys and then a girl that's what I know Smile )

No your mattress is not made you should slide down from the sofa.

hila

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 3:36 am
My ds wrote his name on the newly painted salon wall with those backward letters that little kids write at first, then tried to blame his sister !

my brother managed to lock my mother and her little nursing baby in a room and could then not work out how to let them out again.

My ds loved to nurse - his fire engine.

Every toy from teddy to lego turned into guns, despite me not allowing guns as toys !

One son managed to cut himself badly three times, enough to be stitched, and I was right next to him each time !

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 3:45 am
shock

My 9yo daughter does all of these things, including keeping pet snails!

Should I be worried? Speechless

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 4:19 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
shock

You should be proud. That little girl will go far!

Karnash

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 4:51 am
My son is 25 now - a wonderful husband, father and ben-torah. I wish I had known 10 or 12 years ago that things were going to turn out this way.
When he was a teenager and completely fearless - hiking and hitch-hiking all over the country, rapelling down mountains and from overpasses when there wasn't a mountain in the vicinity, trekking with friends in Harei Moav in Jordan, deep-sea diving and I could go on and on.
But it's not only boys, one of my daughters is just the same!!

zigi

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 5:08 am
eschaya wrote:
Also... every string or rope in the house is used to tie objects together, hang things, attach things.
DSs (4 and 6 y.o.) play outside every day "doing work". They dig and dig, find and move wood, cinder blocks, branches, scrap metal, and anything that might be dangerous.

your kids also do this? mine moves bricks in the shuls yard from one place to another and ties everything up

my dd joins in on a lot of the fun I have 1 girl and 4 boys. the kids play polly pocket with bombs. and super heros. spiderman and belle together. one of my kids loves pink and barbie. the boys try to play polly pocket when their sister isn't there. she doesn't let its not for boys.

a lot of the other typical boy things I did as a kid. make a swing in tree branches. have a worm zoo. dig for treasure etc......

dd also uses the bunkbed like monkey bars and jumps from the couch and table-when she was a toddler.

Simple1

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 6:34 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
shock

LOL, this actually looks like a "wacky things my kid did" thread and I almost feel like I can contribute, but then I realized it was a girl (like the time dd, who was 1 or 2 yrs old, emptied the contents of the medicine cabinet into the toilet bowl).

IMHopinion

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 8:55 am
eschaya wrote:
DS to me last year: "Mommy, did you wash the pants I was wearing yesterday?"
Me: "Of course, why?"
DS: "Oh well, I had put a centipede in the pocket".

Thanks for ruining breakfast for me! LOL

shanie5

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 6:48 pm
Footprints on my walls are not unusual.

I have one so who I turn to whenever I need anything-he usually has it in his pocket!

My absolute favorite is when my eldest was 6 years old. I was late getting to his bus stop-and he wasn't there when I got there. B"H he was at a neighbors house. I asked how he got home by himself

DS: "I walked".

ME: "But who crossed you (2 or 3 streets)"

DS: "I did".

ME: "But what about Yoni who gets off with you? I know he is not allowed to cross by himself?"

DS: "I crossed him"

ME: "But YOU ARE YOUNGER THAN HIM!!!"

He did not understand the problem!

rainbow

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 9:08 pm
In response to your thread title, nothing boys do surprise me; though I may be able to pass along some tips that have made life with my boychiks easier:

pogo-sticks (to be used outdoors);

a small size rebounder (as space permits);

frequent trips to the pet shop and an occasional purchase of a mouse or rat or hamster or medium-sized creature. Mine begged for a tarnachula, we researched it for weeks, and by the time we had read ten books on the care and keeping of them, we decided to not buy it.

Weekly trips to the library where they read up on ALL sorts of things, and even learned how to install electrical fixtures, repair some plumbing, and patch up holes in walls!

Occasional trips to the plant shop, combined with the purchase of live lady bugs! I forget the purpose of the lady bugs, but it was supposed to help the veggie plants somehow.

Oh, and boys are just great for removing mice on traps as well as bugs of all sorts.

I gave my boys a lot of freedom, but had to draw the line when the request came for bringing in blood-worms. Even though he promised to keep it in a container, I just could not tolerate the thought of having them in my home; I was terrified they'd escape the jar, as the jar's cover was going to have holes for air to enter.

Jughead

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 9:28 pm
my twin sons used to like to use the toilet the same time so that they could cross streams. alternatively, they would give eachother targets to aim at ("can you hit the soap in the shower?" "I can get it into the garbage can - can you?")
one of my boys used to dip his toy cars into the toilet so that the car would "make tracks"

amother

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 9:22 pm
I know this thread is old, but just read it and it made me laugh, so decided to share:

when my son was 2 he wld pick the doors (read: bathroom door) with a knife he got out of the drawer or his toy screwdriver.
just after turning 3 - found some kind of SOMETHING (no clue what it actually was) and was caught letting air out of the tire of a John Deere gator.
Oh, and also managed to unscrew an outlet cover when DH left his screwdriver laying around. He's 3.

(yes, his totty is a handyman Smile )

Shld I be worried?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics