Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Food Stamps and Medicaid - Freelancer

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 4:04 pm
I just got my Periodic Report, last time I worked for a company and now I do freelancing, I guess that means I am self employed. How do I state that?

Any idea how I fill out the form?
I need to write: who? Name of Employer? How Often? Total # of hours?
I need to write down every client? I don't work by hours so I how do I fill that out.

Proof I guess is a copy of my bank statement, correct?

Thanks in advance! I wish the government can give a crash course on all this!

srbmom

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 4:25 pm
I do freelance work and I was on both Medicaid and food stamps. I never had to document each paycheck. Do you file self employment taxes? I just send in a copy of my schedule c from my tax returns that shows how much money I make.
By the name of the employer I just write self-employed.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 6:30 pm
Op here,
Since I started freelancing, I have no tax documents..

srbmom

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 7:47 pm
In that case they may need to see all your income documented. I believe they usually only ask for like 30 days or six weeks.
I don't know if they'll take a bank statement. Can you get copies of the checks from your bank that you already deposited. I have chase and I can just print out copies of any check that I deposited.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 10:57 pm
I have a question regarding this periodic report also. If I just started a job and they barely paid me over yontif so I think I am still eligible since they asked for Septembers income. Will they put this information on my medicaid account also? My family cannot be kicked off health insurance and we just renewed for the year.

The other option is to just not send it back and get kicked off snap and not have to worry about medicaid? Please help me figure this out.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 1:05 am
To OP's question: You put "self" as employer. Your freelance clients are your customers, not your bosses. You need to write up a statement about your earnings for the past three months and sign it, possibly notarized, not sure. Attach your bank statement for backup support. You should really try to get in touch with your caseworker to work out the details.

To amother who started a new job in September, you put last month's income, which if you didn't get paid yet for your new job is still eligible. But when your paychecks start coming in, you have to call in and report that. For medicaid, I believe you do not need to report new income until renewal time, at which point it only affects the next cycle. But SNAP would stop right away and if you didn't report it at the time, you will have to pay them back plus probably fines and difficulty getting back on should you need it again in the future.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 10:28 am
But what about if I Just don't send back the periodic form. I want to cancel but I don't want my work info on file. Will I still have I to pay back money or get fines if I just don't send bak the form. It says I have till oct 10 to send it back and my $ refills on the 7th
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics