Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ear piercing

Teacup9

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 11:02 am
Where is a good place to get a 4 year old's ear's pierced in Brooklyn? I always said I would take her when she asked, but now I am nervous because she is pretty difficult at the doctor's office for shots.

What do you like about the person and what piercing method do they use? I've heard the gun is hard to get a good placement with and sort of blasts the earring into the ear sort of ripping it. Where I went they sharpened the earring and placed it on this device that pressed the sharpened earring into your ear sort of like a gun/needle combination method but that was in a different state years ago.

Teacup9

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 11:03 am
Where in Marine Park or nearby can I find music lessons for my son? I know most kids start with piano, but I don't have space for him to practice. He is most interested in drums, guitar, and violin. He is 6.

thedudette

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 6:54 pm
Teacup9 wrote:
Where is a good place to get a 4 year old's ear's pierced in Brooklyn? I always said I would take her when she asked, but now I am nervous because she is pretty difficult at the doctor's office for shots.

What do you like about the person and what piercing method do they use? I've heard the gun is hard to get a good placement with and sort of blasts the earring into the ear sort of ripping it. Where I went they sharpened the earring and placed it on this device that pressed the sharpened earring into your ear sort of like a gun/needle combination method but that was in a different state years ago.

Don't get it done with a gun- it is unsanitary and can lead to infection. It is also alot more painful then the newer way. I use a painless method which is factory sealed for sanitation and 90% of the time the kids don't cry at all. It presses through the ear so it's smoother and easier on the child. I don't know where you are located but I do house calls in Flatbush and parts on Boro park.

srbmom

Post Mon, Oct 14 2013, 8:18 pm
What is this method called? I don't live anywhere near ny but would like to look into the technique. Thanks

Teacup9

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 12:50 am
I would love to hear more about your method and your business (maybe references or something more so I don't tell my husband I'm taking my daughter to someone named thedudette on the internet embarrassed ) prices, recommendations for a four year old who doesn't tolerate shots well, but promises she wants her ear's pierced even though it hurts.

I keep trying to research this and all I find are stores that use guns and I can't believe that is still the norm if my mother was able to find a better method back in 1991.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 3:39 am
If DD ever gets up the nerve to get her ears done, I plan on taking her to a local tattoo parlor. Seriously! There's one that has a professional piercing studio, and the woman who works there is an absolute doll. She's known as "Lisa, the Gentle Piercer", and she uses the sterile needle method that was mentioned upthread.

I would never, ever get a piercing done with a gun. I did that for my ears, and holy cats did it hurt like crazy! I got my second set of ear holes done with a needle, and it was as smooth as can be.

Make sure you get professional grade piercing HOOPS like the "capture bead" style, so that they will be easier to clean and maintain. Hoops get a lot more oxygen into the hole for healing, and you can rotate them so that they won't stick. A little bacitracin on the hoops will keep them sliding freely, and will help prevent them from getting crusty.

This is a company I swear buy. I've been friends with the original owners for years. Alas, Tom died a while ago, but his wife Gail still runs the place. You can't get better quality than this. http://www.bodycircle.com/merc.....tep=4 I highly recommend you get the 14g size 1/2 diameter, in surgical steel. They're great for sleeping in, too. (Post earrings are horrible because they'll stab you in the neck when you roll over onto them.)

Didi

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 6:51 am
Clairs, I don't know where in brooklyn if any.....I had a long discussion with the lady before she pierced one of my kids, they have to take a class and pass it before they can pierce ears

red sea

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 9:00 am
Regarding drums, guitar and violin.

Drums take more space than a keyboard and disturb those who hear it as well as can affect the hearing, I would personally go for anything over drums at first for a 6 year old.

Guitar is an easier instrument to master as far as instruments go while violin is known to be the most serious (read difficult and requiring the most practice) to master. Both take little space. Many children begin violin at a young age but unless the child is seriously wanting violin in particular I still think you should go with something else as an intro to music.

Piano keyboard is not larger to store than a guitar. So on that alone I wouldn't rule it out if you like it for other reasons. You do not have to learn on a full sized one. There are also many piano teachers around.

I have seen ads for guitar from hudi kowalsky. Piano there are tons, ask your neighbors and find someone local.

The dudette's ear piercing method I hear is a good one that people like. I can vouch for her and so can others on here who you may at least know in person. I don't recall if we ever met irl.

Hth.

thedudette

Post Tue, Oct 15 2013, 12:21 pm
Teacup9 wrote:
I would love to hear more about your method and your business (maybe references or something more so I don't tell my husband I'm taking my daughter to someone named thedudette on the internet embarrassed ) prices, recommendations for a four year old who doesn't tolerate shots well, but promises she wants her ear's pierced even though it hurts.

I keep trying to research this and all I find are stores that use guns and I can't believe that is still the norm if my mother was able to find a better method back in 1991.

I'm PMing you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries