Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Westgate in Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Sep 14 2013, 10:29 pm
Anybody live there? Looking for some info on the townhouse rentals. Thanks.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 14 2013, 10:42 pm
I've visited there twice recently. I just want to give a plug for it from an outsider's perspective. If you are yeshivish (which I'm not), I can't imagine a better place to live (aside from eretz yisrael).

amother

Post Sat, Sep 14 2013, 10:43 pm
I do. I have been here 10 years. What would you like to know? The office number is 732-942-1111 There are several hundred families living very close to each other. As long as you are ok with that, you will love it here. There is a large grocery store, pharmacy, pizza shop, judaica, cleaners, grill, wine store, childrens clothing store, womens accessories....

amother

Post Sat, Sep 14 2013, 11:14 pm
Are you a newlywed? Kids? Lovely place to live but many people living very close together.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 14 2013, 11:28 pm
Op here. Thanks for replies. I wrote earlier that we are a mid twenties couple with one child. We currently live in Lakewood and I love the idea of having stores nearby. Is it always very noisy? Or is it quiet at night? We called about renting a townhouse already but I'm worried that the two floor, four bedroom will feel small to us. We are coming from a townhouse with lots of storage space .

amother

Post Sat, Sep 14 2013, 11:30 pm
Op again. Is it a mix of people? We are semi yeshivish/ balebatish but also educate and cultured.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 14 2013, 11:39 pm
It is a very large community so you will have all types. The large majority is yeshivish. What do u mean by educate and cultured?? If you value quiet and privacy as a priority, this may not be the place for you.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 1:37 am
Real lovely place . We like but we live on a side street rt outside of west gate .
It's very yeshivish . Do you mean cultured in a Cosmopolitan UWS sense . Then it's not for you

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:45 am
So we live in westgate. I will give you the brutally honest truth.

Most of westagte is yeshivish, though there is a mix, and its a nice mix, so just because someone does not look as yeshivish as your neighbor, you should get to know them.
There are a lot of kids, but when it gets dark at night, the kids go in. The days are noisy, and kidas are everywhere. Most parents feel that nothing will ever happen to there kids, so most parents do not watch thier kids outside. This is what I cant stand.
The rooms in the townhouses are pretty big, and there are lots of closets. There are also storage garages you can rent.
good luck

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 9:21 pm
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate this. I'm not UWS at all. Just not ultra yeshivish. (I'm in college, well read, etc. - more of a balebatish upbringing.) I don't mind noise during the day as we used to live in Yerushalayim. I actually think it will be fun more son to see hustle and bustle... What worries me is that people have been telling me there are many dysfunctional families there and disturbed individuals. Is that just a minority? We looked at the new townhouses today and they were gorgeous and exactly what we are looking for!

-OP

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 9:48 pm
I'm the one who lived here 10 yrs. The reason you hear there are families like that is because there are a few hundred families, so if 15 families have "issues"or kids that are OTD, it's not really that many. I would say 5% but you have to realize it's an entire community! The lease is one yr at a time so if you really don't like it, you can always run away after a yr. There is 0 privacy but otherwise its' really very nice. Good luck

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 9:55 pm
Thanks. Why is there no privacy? Meaning, if my door and shades are shut, what goes on in my home is private, no?!

- OP

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 10:24 pm
Walls are paper thin. Everyone sees your comings and goings. You also have to consider your husband. Is he the type that needs privacy ? Is he yeshivish? Will he like the crowd? My DH is very particular with these things. He wishes that we could move.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 12:18 am
amother wrote:
Anybody live there? Looking for some info on the townhouse rentals. Thanks.

Hi There! what ever happened with the move? Curious to know what you found out and decided. I'm contemplating the move myself. TIA

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:16 am
Bumping this up because we are considering this neighborhood. We have some questions:
Is it too crowded there? Do people respect each other's privacy?
Are apartments big enough?
Does the Westgate office do a good job of fixing things?
How much is gas, electricity, water and other expenses?
How much do you pay for rent in Westgate?.
Why do some people complain about Westgate?
Are there many Shuls? What kind of minyanim? Are they close to your apartment?
Are there any negative factors we should know about before renting there?

TIA

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:27 am
You should come look a lot of your question s will b answered

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:28 am
Look in masa umatan for rent prices

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:33 am
We are out of town so it's not that easy for us to come in. Thanks for any info you are able to provide. I have been looking on Masa Umatan list and not all prices are written there.

Also another question: we both need Internet for working at home. Is it a problem connecting to Internet in Westgate with the apartments so close to each other?

Thanks so much!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 11:47 am
I've heard that there is a problem of older kids hanging out there, so you might consider that fact unless your kids are really young.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
We are out of town so it's not that easy for us to come in. Thanks for any info you are able to provide. I have been looking on Masa Umatan list and not all prices are written there.

Also another question: we both need Internet for working at home. Is it a problem connecting to Internet in Westgate with the apartments so close to each other?

Thanks so much!

What do you mean about internet. You get a home router with a pssword and use that.
I would hope everyone is locking their internet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating