Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are you pretty?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
dancingqueen wrote:
amother wrote:
With makeup, I'd say I'm an 8.5.
Without makeup, I'd say a 4. Lol, thank G-D for makeup!!! I really go from an ugly girl to a beautiful head-turner.

This is unlikely unless you are undervaluing without makeup or overvaluing yourself with make-up.

I think its hard for most people to accurately assess their own looks on a scale of 1-10.

I am a 10 though, clearly. Wink

Could be. But I think I really am different than most other people that wear makeup. I completely change my look. I don't even recognize myself without makeup. My skin is blotchy and pale, which transforms into glowing and tan. My eyelashes are invisible, which transform to long and thick and dark. My eyes are washed out and disappear, and then with makeup they look beautiful.
A few years ago, a random guy stopped me on the street, saying, "Oh, my G-d. Your makeup is GORGEOUS!" I laughed and thought, that is the most accurate compliment I've ever gotten. Everyone else would say how gorgeous I am, which of course means they were fooled Wink

Oh I totally agree that makeup can make a big difference I guess just to me 4 is an below average/ugly woman and 8.5 is a gorgeous almost model.

That said any makeup tips since you clearly know what you're doing? /tangent

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 8:08 pm
Passable. I think my eyes, neck, and toes are my best features.

But I'm incredibly glad to have my body and face, THANK YOU G-D!!!

Also - DH thinks I'm gorgeous, so who am I to disagree? (THANK YOU G-D again on THAT.)

(and he even thought I was pretty when we got engaged, when I looked hideous.)

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 8:19 pm
fiddle wrote:
amother wrote:
(In the market last week her shoe fell off when we were checking out and she was putting it back on, some stranger came over to her and helped her without saying anything to me and then offered her to switch both shoes since they were on the wrong feet)

thats just common decency. I would do the same even if the kid had snot running down their ugly face. just saying.

last week I saw an ugly kid falling out of a stroller during a kiddush. I went over and helped him. no I was not enthralled by his beauty which caused me in turn to be drawn to helping him.

why do people look so much into things.

I would LOVE to see how you pretty people look. I wonder if we would think the same... not to crush your thought and self esteem, but sheer beauty is rare. I once , just once saw a BEAUTIFUL girl. she was about 15 in a bais yaakov uniform, as ugly as uniforms could be. I wanted to go over to her and ask her if she knew how beautiful she was. but I wasnt balsy enough.

not something you see every day.

I'm with you...

Also, having seen photos of some people who posted on this thread, I disagree with their analysis. I actually don't think about whether or not someone is pretty, unless she is way prettier than average, and it just jumps out at me. But reading some of these responses, their faces came to mind... And nope. Not quite. Inner beauty is something we all have, though Smile

As marina said (and she happens to be beautiful Wink ), how can 75% of us be prettier than average?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 8:26 pm
Google cathy charest fashion model. Shes my sis.

hotmom

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 8:30 pm
My name says it ALL!
I may not feel pretty (although my dh certainly thinks yes, b"h).
But I'm definitely 'Hot'

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
Google cathy charest fashion model. Shes my sis.

do u look alike>? Lady Thumbs Up Lady

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 9:20 pm
fiddle wrote:
amother wrote:
(In the market last week her shoe fell off when we were checking out and she was putting it back on, some stranger came over to her and helped her without saying anything to me and then offered her to switch both shoes since they were on the wrong feet)

thats just common decency. I would do the same even if the kid had snot running down their ugly face. just saying.

last week I saw an ugly kid falling out of a stroller during a kiddush. I went over and helped him. no I was not enthralled by his beauty which caused me in turn to be drawn to helping him.

why do people look so much into things.

I would LOVE to see how you pretty people look. I wonder if we would think the same... not to crush your thought and self esteem, but sheer beauty is rare. I once , just once saw a BEAUTIFUL girl. she was about 15 in a bais yaakov uniform, as ugly as uniforms could be. I wanted to go over to her and ask her if she knew how beautiful she was. but I wasnt balsy enough.

not something you see every day.

I am the amother. it's the gushing that it's done with and the gushing to me afterwards. its their words not just their actions.

and you may help some kid with their shoe but I have never seen anyone help a random child with their mother standing right next to them

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 10:12 pm
We look like sisters. Shes taller and thinner though. Oh well. Im frum.

ora_43

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 5:42 am
I think I'd be prettier than average in makeup. If someone else applied the makeup. And nobody else was wearing makeup.

People used to tell me I looked like the (fictional) tv star Daria. But that was when I was young and beautiful Wink .

MaBelleVie wrote:
As marina said (and she happens to be beautiful Wink ), how can 75% of us be prettier than average?

How can 75% of those of us who choose to share how pretty we are be prettier than average...

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 7:04 am
ora_43 wrote:
I think I'd be prettier than average in makeup. If someone else applied the makeup. And nobody else was wearing makeup.

This reminds me of the episode of twilight zone.

I actually posted this already once. LOL
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics