Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you make your husband's lunch?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Do you make your husband's lunch?
Yes  
 43%  [ 73 ]
No - he makes his own lunch  
 39%  [ 66 ]
Other - please explain below  
 17%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 168

LittleRed

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 2:53 pm
I'm a SAHM and my husband works from home. I make him breakfast, lunch and dinner most days...because I like to. He doesn't demand these meals but always appreciates them and if I'm not up to cooking for some reason, he doesn't mind. He's not picky and also capable of making himself food if I'm not around. I make simple, tasty things and I happen to not mind spending time in the kitchen. There's nothing slavish about it.

princessleah

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 3:47 pm
I do not. We both work full time. I make my lunch and the 2 kids' lunches. DH makes his own lunch. I HATE making lunches. Once a week I give myself a treat and buy lunch.
DH and I switch off making dinners. We also switch off who puts each kid to bed. DH washes all the dishes and does the housecleaning. I do all the laundry.

I kind of think he does more than me! But I don't feel like mentioning that to him. LOL

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 5:18 pm
No. Whenever I make lunch for him I find it untouched a day or two later in his car. Bought food tastes " so much bette". Men!

mille

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 5:45 pm
I make both of our lunches to take to work/school. It's not that he's incapable or I feel obligated to make his lunch, it just makes sense that I pack something for him when I'm making my own lunch. Admittedly, on fridays (when I'm home and he works) or other days when I don't pack myself lunch, I forget to pack him one as well. He just gets lunch by proxy because I need lunch. Tongue Out Otherwise he either makes his own or keeps some stuff at work in the fridge to eat, like tuna or deli.

SJcookie

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 6:02 pm
Yes

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 7:02 pm
Usually. I make it the same time that I prefer my childrens lunches.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 7:03 pm
No, but I usually make dinner (which I assume places me squarely in "slave" territory as well)

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 7:33 pm
Yes I make my husband's lunch pretty much everyday.

Maybe I should clarify... His lunch consists of leftovers from Shabbat and weekday dinners, which were all prepared lovingly by this submissive Sephardi wife.

Does that count as Yes in the poll?

bigsis144

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 8:47 pm
DH usually packs his lunch, but I'm the one who buys the bagels, or stocks the freezer with homemade pizza and pancakes, and the fridge with salads and fruit (he cuts it up himself) and yogurt, or makes dinner the night before for him to take leftovers.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 9:49 pm
He buys his own.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 12:42 am
I'm curious- how does the lunch stay fresh for so long -what do you pack? I would love to start preparing my husbands lunch instead of him buying but I can't come up with lunch ideas that will stay fresh for 5 hours

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 3:38 am
amother wrote:
I'm curious- how does the lunch stay fresh for so long -what do you pack? I would love to start preparing my husbands lunch instead of him buying but I can't come up with lunch ideas that will stay fresh for 5 hours
my husband used to take chicken leftovers. Put it into a closed container that is sealed well and it should be just fine for a few hours. A sandwich for sure will be fine for a few hours.

SJcookie

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 5:59 am
amother wrote:

I no longer pack my husband's lunch, since he's now home for lunch, but here's what I used to pack:
-2 Turkey sandwiches w/ mayo
-Pickle, olives, and/or cherry tomatoes on the side (in a ziplock bag)
-Fruit
-Vegetable sticks
-1 Snack (bissli, bamba, chips, pretzels, etc.)
-Water bottle or juice-box

A lot of that was also nosh for after lunch, but the sandwiches are really filling, especially if you put the turkey in a roll or baguette.

MMCH

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:05 am
for the first 4 years while my dh was in school I made him lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY.
im the best wife no?
really honestly it was so that he would eat healthier, and not go buy a chocolate bar out of starvation.he never asked for it, but it drove me crazy to see junk food wrappers in his car.

we also lived oot with no kosher lunch options.
I made him salad bc he didn't like to wash.
id prepare a little container of dressing.
I would add shnitzle, or deli sometimes. and id pack snacks also...

now hes working... and actually gets money to buy lunch! hooray! and its kosher!
yipeeee

amother

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 11:36 am
I'd love to but he doesn't like to eat lunch. OTOH he's hungry for supper.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 2:22 pm
Many things stay fresh/edible. They may not look their best but they stay good. From salads to pasta to potatoes to some meats (no tartare! lol) to cake to pies...

gumgum

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 10:18 am
I make my husband lunch the night before.
I make different types of sandwhiches or fish or salads I always try to have different ideas to make him.
he works in construction so he needs a good lunch home made from his wife

m+m

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 4:04 pm
Yup. I find that if I don't make his lunch he will go to grocery store and buy chips and any other kind of garbage. I'd rather him eat a piece of salmon or a tuna sandwich for lunch. I go home during my break and make both of us lunches and deliver his lunch to him and eat mine when I'm back in the office.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 6:25 pm
He either eats in shul or at his place of work or he comes home and makes himself something. I made him lunch during shana rishona and when I went back to work after summer vacation, he insisted that I not make him lunches anymore. Since then, I don't. Thanks, hubby, for one less burden!

bubbebia

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 6:33 pm
Nope. He's on his own for breakfast and lunch. When we got married it had to do with our schedules. Now it's just habit. I'll never make his sandwich right anyway. The only time I'll make his lunch is if we're travelling and I'm making for both of us.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics