Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Beautiful Binah article

Frumdoc

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 6:46 pm
Having criticised Binah in the last few weeks, I was not particularly looking forward to this week, but wow.

There was the most moving article about R' Ovadiah Yosef, from his daughter in law who lived with him for the last 20 years of his life. Beautifully written, truly remarkable stories. It moved me to tears.

Kol Hakavod. I would recommend everyone reads it.

phillymom

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 10:10 pm
While I personally haven't criticized the Binah, I would join in your recommendation as well.
Super well written and inspiring.
I'm also enjoying the dialogue sparked from the reality check article a couple of weeks back "to say or not to say." It's real and practical.
Just our of curiosity, is any one annoyed at the fact that the debatables more often then not have at least one of the respondents as pseudo-names?

basement

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 11:45 pm
Thanks for starting this thread, frum doc! I read that article on shabbos and totally concur- I was left feeling moved and inspired.

booboo24

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 2:26 pm
It was a beautiful article, I loved reading how he related to his grandchildren....

sunny90

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 2:39 pm
I really loved it too! It really makes you understand why his funeral was attended by such a diverse population.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room