Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
URGENTLY need a lightweight carseat

otsrock

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 8:19 pm
I need a new carseat for my 12 month old...she really does not fit in her infant seat anymore, when she wears her winter coat. Do they make lightweight ones that are easily transferrable from car to car? That would be a big requirement, as otherwise we would probably need three car seats because she is in 3 different cars every day. The other option would be something a little cheaper, so that we can buy 3 of them.

I've looked through the reviews on amazon, and I am utterly overwhelmed by the options.

Mommies, please help!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 8:42 pm
Just as an FYI, it isn't safe for kids to wear bulky coats in the car seat. In case of an accident, chvs, the forces would cause the coat to compress and the straps of the seat would no longer be tight enough to prevent injury or worse.

At a year she is probably outgrowing the infant seat anyway, so it makes sense to start looking out for a new convertible. Just wanted to let you know that the coat should be off regardless Smile

spring13

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 9:38 pm
Transferring convertible seats is a pretty huge pain, I'd try to avoid at least one of those switches. Go for something like a Graco MyRide or Britax Roundabout, which are good quality but not expensive. You should be able to use Buybuybaby coupons on Graco stuff too.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 9:45 pm
I would do Cosco Sceneras for the cars she goes in the least. Not so much padding, and therefore a lot cheaper, but perfectly safe. And then after that $100 for the both combined, spend another $100 or so on a nicer one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics