Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey girls school options

amother

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 1:03 pm
I'm not from Monsey but we do plan on moving there this year I"yh. We are not chassidish- we are frum BY/learning-working type......what are my options for girls schools in Monsey and when do they start sending out applications?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:29 pm
bump

sr1

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:15 pm
theres a BY in monsey too. or maybe Bais Rochel would be an option for you. you have to apply pretty early

belovedmommy

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:50 pm
I know that cut off time for registration was months ago, keep in mind that "most" or I shall say almost "all" schools in monsey will give u a hard time with getting a kid into a school/yeshiva. You might want to try bas mikroh rather than bais Rochel (as per your description mentioned) they are also very picky with whom they accept rather than bas mikroh. my sister had a very hard time getting a school for her kid and she was accepted way bf purim time. what age is your child? If she/he is 3-4 yrs u might wanna start sending first at a playgroup/ mini school until you get final. Pm me if you need the phone number for this. Otherwise good luck!!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 6:25 pm
thanks for your responses
I'm looking for a school for my daughter for next year I"yh- not this coming school year. This year we will be where we are now and we are starting to do our research in houses and schools- but I know where I live now applications go out right after sukkos- same in Monsey? My daughter is 3 now- but I'm looking for a school for when she will be 4 I"yh. What type of crowd sends to Bas Mikrah? And what type to Bais Rochel? How many parallel classes in each of these schools? I'm coming from Flatbush- where I was hoping to send to BYA- if that helps.

new wife

Post Fri, Nov 08 2013, 10:27 am
Im trying to figure out what school to send my daughter to next year. Anybody know about the new bais yaakov girls school in monsey? What are your opinions on chofetz chaim vs ysv?

smiledr

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 7:37 pm
Ysv is huge and there is a big mix though it's considered middle of the road. Chofetz Chaim and bad mikvah are more to the right (few professional parents) and bais Rochel is very yeshivish w a few chassidim as well. Ysvs English education is the best and their Hebrew is on par with other schools (bais Rochel is Yiddish and English) .

amother

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 8:43 pm
new wife wrote:
Im trying to figure out what school to send my daughter to next year. Anybody know about the new bais yaakov girls school in monsey? What are your opinions on chofetz chaim vs ysv?

As far as I can tell the new bais yaakov is very yeshivish (Bodner). The people that I know that send their DD's are in kollel or work in yeshiva/rebbe...

What is your family like?

gold21

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 9:31 pm
Oy, the girls schools in Monsey are a headache. No really amazing options. That's one reason I'm happy I don't live there. None of the girls schools are ideal in my opinion....

amother

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 9:52 pm
Ysv and chofetz Chaim are both decent options. Post where you plan to live, op, and maybe someone can tell you where most of that neighborhood goes to school. I know in my nabe, for example, there are a lot of ysv and cc girls but almost nobody goes to bas mikrah.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
Ysv and chofetz Chaim are both decent options. Post where you plan to live, op, and maybe someone can tell you where most of that neighborhood goes to school. I know in my nabe, for example, there are a lot of ysv and cc girls but almost nobody goes to bas mikrah.

Dumbest reason ever to send your kids to a school because of your neighbors. Each school has its own pro's and con's.

My DD goes to chofetz chaim, yet all the girls on my block go to different schools. She is friends with all of them

amother

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 10:29 pm
Bais rochel-more chassidish to very yeshivish type
Chofetz chaim-advertises as the "school for bnos talmidei chachamim" I think. Its bais yaakov type with yeshivish to balebatish. Very nice crowd. Not a huge school, 2 classes per grade
Bas mikrah-seems to have a more yeshivish kollel type in the lower grades these days. Its a litvish crowd.
New bais yaakov of rockland county- kollel working type. Mainly young familys its only kdgn, pre1a and 1st grade. From what I hear its mainly kollel familys but my neighbors who's husbands work send there too.
Ysv- big mix, ranging from very yeshivish to very balebattish. Its a big and well organized great happy school.
My dd is in ysv and we are thrilled bH.
My sister is in chofetz chaim and is thrilled too.
Best way to figure out what would be best for you is speak to parents there. I did a ton of reasearch b4 deciding where to go.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 21 2013, 12:23 pm
Ateres is a great school, it is small and very family like, great staff. I went there and loved it! dont know why nobodys mentioned it yet
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children