Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Roll or squeeze?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 5:59 pm
Tour toothpaste, that is.

I need to get this,
www.ezsqueezetube.com because I think I'm the only member of my family who rolls it and squeezing it only ends up being so wasteful. I think because maybe my dd rolls it.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:00 pm
We squeeze, and then when it's almost empty I take the bottom of a heavy glass or bottle and "iron" it, pushing whatever's left toward the cap. And then when we've squeezed out as much as possible and the rest of the family is starting a new tube, I cut off the end of the old tube and use what's left inside for several days.

Sherri

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:04 pm
Why can't you squeeze and then roll?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:15 pm
Sherri wrote:

Of course you can do both, but I'm the only one who rolls when there's not much left. Every else would just throw it out.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:24 pm
& thankfully they have gotten rid of the tin & lead tubes that crushed to no return when squeezed ... not to mention made us forgetful [is that what lead does ~ I can't remember]

every time I brush my teeth I have to push the paste upward so that it isn't squeezed - I cannot even brush my teeth otherwise

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:29 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Tour toothpaste, that is.

I need to get this,
www.ezsqueezetube.com because I think I'm the only member of my family who rolls it and squeezing it only ends up being so wasteful. I think because maybe my dd rolls it.
We bought that thing in DollarTree. Probably not the name brand but it works great!

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:31 pm
I was sure this was going to be about packing a suitcase--better to roll clothes up or put in one of those vacuum-packed jobs. Either way the clothes get wrinkled.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:36 pm
funny ... I also had a similar thought - but when I opened the thread - I totally forgot ... [must be the lead in the toothpaste] my dd & mama roll up clothes & I cannot stand it ...

Blue jay

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:39 pm
My kids do "SMASH!" that is why we use the pump style. (Aquafresh for kids)

zehavatov

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:52 pm
Also thought this was something about folding packing Wink

We have same thing diff brand n I have been growing up with it as well. Best thing cause I wouldn't handle it if the tubes weren't completely empty before throwing it away.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 10:55 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Sherri wrote:

Of course you can do both, but I'm the only one who rolls when there's not much left. Every else would just throw it out.

Fortunately, in addition to being the only one who knows to roll toothpaste, I'm also the only one who knows how to transfer finished containers into the garbage receptacle, so we don't have this problem either LOL

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 11:01 pm
I'm the only one who doesn't throw away the tube before it's squeezed to the last drop

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 6:33 am
zaq wrote:
I was sure this was going to be about packing a suitcase--better to roll clothes up or put in one of those vacuum-packed jobs. Either way the clothes get wrinkled.

Wouldn't that be roll or fold?

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 9:11 am
Squeeze, when tube runs low use the back of a toothbrush to flatten it and push the remaining toothpaste to the front.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics