Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Brooklyn nutritionist that accepts insurance

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 10:15 pm
I am looking for a nutritionist who can guide me in losing weight with a customized weight loss program.
I have a private insurance (United Healthcare Choice).
Any recommendations?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 10:44 pm
Before you start using a nutritionist with this insurance plan make sure you are eligible. You need a prescription and the insurance will only cover it under certain circumstances. My DH was eligible for hypertension (high cholesterol).

I dont live in Brooklyn. I was unable to find a frum nutritionist that was willing to accommodate my DH's schedule.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
Before you start using a nutritionist with this insurance plan make sure you are eligible. You need a prescription and the insurance will only cover it under certain circumstances. My DH was eligible for hypertension (high cholesterol).

I dont live in Brooklyn. I was unable to find a frum nutritionist that was willing to accommodate my DH's schedule.
So if I need to lose 15 lbs. and have undiagnosed IBS I wouldn't be eligable?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

So if I need to lose 15 lbs. and have undiagnosed IBS I wouldn't be eligable?

Probably not, sorry. Please call them anyway to find out.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 10:55 pm
Is that Oxford? I know Miriam Turk takes insurance. Let me know if you want her number to call and ask.

proudma

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 11:18 pm
Gitti Gams accepts Oxfurd insurance. She's wonderful!
718-338-3484

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 11:26 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Is that Oxford? I know Miriam Turk takes insurance. Let me know if you want her number to call and ask.
My insurance is not Oxford but I would take her number anyway to call and inquire. OP here.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 11:32 pm
United Healthcare Choice is NOT oxford. They are 2 different plans. With United healthcare choice you need to be careful about what your insurance covers. (They recently covered a $300 cream for my DD, the dr didnt think they would and gave me an alternate just in case) You also have to make sure that the provider accepts your insurance. I found it best to speak to a representative at the insurance.

If you decide to go to a nutritionist out of pocket, I would recommend that you start a new thread asking to recommend in Brooklyn, without any insurances mentioned.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise