Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
What's the best Chanukah gift you ever received?

ohnuts!

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 7:28 pm
DD- she was born a few days before chanukah!

balibusta

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 7:52 pm
For kids was gift receipt to toys 4 u! For me I liked money & new balibustas choice!!

rae gi

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 8:00 pm
A typewriter. Cool

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 8:35 pm
We're still not finished with construction post Sandy. I've been schlepping all of our laundry to the laundromat once a week. It's convenient in that I can use as many machines as I need and still have all the laundry done in two hours. However, I really, really miss the convenience of having my own washing machine and dryer in my house, particularly on weeks like the last one when there was a stomach virus making the rounds.

Anyway, my MIL told me that for my birthday/Chanukah she was getting me a washing machine because she couldn't stand the thought of all the schlepping and inconvenience that I had to deal with. DH and I shopped the Black Friday sales and got a good deal on a washer/dryer, and my in-laws promptly wrote a check to pay for the washing machine. G-d bless my MIL (and my FIL)! Now we just need to finish construction so that we have a place to install my new appliances.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 9:55 pm
My second son born on the second night of Chanukah and continues to light up our home with joy!

ohnuts!

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:04 am
amother wrote:
We're still not finished with construction post Sandy. I've been schlepping all of our laundry to the laundromat once a week. It's convenient in that I can use as many machines as I need and still have all the laundry done in two hours. However, I really, really miss the convenience of having my own washing machine and dryer in my house, particularly on weeks like the last one when there was a stomach virus making the rounds.

Anyway, my MIL told me that for my birthday/Chanukah she was getting me a washing machine because she couldn't stand the thought of all the schlepping and inconvenience that I had to deal with. DH and I shopped the Black Friday sales and got a good deal on a washer/dryer, and my in-laws promptly wrote a check to pay for the washing machine. G-d bless my MIL (and my FIL)! Now we just need to finish construction so that we have a place to install my new appliances.

Wow! I think that's so special!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 7:23 am
An engagement ring!

My dh proposed on zos chanukah. Very Happy

Still my favourite day of the year.

raqsmama

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:20 pm
My 2 daughters born after 11 years of fertility treatments!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:39 pm
money from my in-laws and grandparents, so I can buy one or two items I put on my wish list during the year
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics