Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos meal
Previous  1  2  3  4

After how many hours can you ask to leave the table?
Never  
 56%  [ 46 ]
Whenever you want  
 20%  [ 17 ]
After one hour  
 4%  [ 4 ]
After two hours  
 7%  [ 6 ]
After three hours  
 10%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 82

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 9:21 pm
granolamom wrote:
amother wrote:
What if it's hard for you to stare at food you can't eat (because the rest was put on the blech shabbos, and the food wasn't dry)?

you deal with it. same if you are on a gluten free diet, or paleo diet and staring at desserts you cannot have.

Yes. I have been to many a meal where my choices were very limited due to allergies, kashrus or hygiene. That part isn't fun, but it doesn't have to ruin the entire experience. Make the best of it, move on.

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 10:01 pm
I read some of the original thread & now some of this.
I hear about difficult in laws etc.
However OP is now married her DH's family is hers. BIL invited them for shabbos. If they can't eat there don't go, invite them to you. That's how most BT's handle things.
If you do go, eat what you're given, do not take food before your host, clean up, serve & do not leave the table or dictate which room their child can go to.
Sorry OP, but you're being very immature & self centred.
Call up your BIL & SIL & apologize for your behavior. Make up whatever excuse you want but validate their feelings.

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 29 2013, 6:04 am
I think some hosts also need to use their seichel. Don't hold people hostage for hours on end. At our table we bentch and then invite people to stay on and talk, but people are free to leave if they want.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 6:22 pm
Raisin wrote:
I think some hosts also need to use their seichel. Don't hold people hostage for hours on end. At our table we bentch and then invite people to stay on and talk, but people are free to leave if they want.

I am glad I've only been to those types of meals.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 12:22 pm
"A motion to adjourn is (almost) always in order."

http://www.barrypopik.com/inde.....order

amother

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 5:16 am
So if you hate long meals and are out what do you do? You did not know it was going over 2 hours

amother

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 5:32 am
amother wrote:
So if you hate long meals and are out what do you do? You did not know it was going over 2 hours

Move to the sofa, or leave. They won't have me back again? Please don't throw me in the briar patch!

Only posting anonymously because the question was.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 8:29 am
amother wrote:

Suck it up and sit it out. You're a big girl now.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note