Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wud u wear it?
Previous  1  2

Simple1

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 9:10 pm
Barbara wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
That puts the observer's eye right on the tush. You might be better with a black skirt, and brightness above the waist. More slim. Whatever is bright always looks bigger.

If you love bright colors, but want to look taller, or thinner, wear black top and skirt, and a bright scarf at the neck or on the head.

If you are already tall enough, top and bottom can contrast sharply. But your waist should be slim for that. The point where the contrast is, that is where the eye is going to be drawn. If the skirt and top are very different colors, that means the waist.

If you are a talking modesty issue, and I think you are, er, a bright colored skirt won't get you a prize in that. It may not look that good, either, aside from that.

A very, very slim, very young woman, probably a secular one, can look sharp in a hot pink skirt and a black top. But she won't look like a frum Jew.

I think there is a risk of being laughed at, here. Careful.

Well, if wearing a bright colored bottom means the eyes are drawn to your butt, then wearing a bright colored top or scarf must mean that you want everyone to stare at your breasts.

That's it. Black, and nothing but black, from now on.

I thought she meant fashion wise. Dolly addressed the tznius issue afterwords. I know with my shape, it wouldn't look flattering for me because I'm bigger around the middle than on top.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 10:06 pm
When your clothes fit well, and you got them from a youthful source, you don't look old in black.

It has to be a rich black, not a dull black. But you knew that.

Bright color at the neck is fun. Especially in winter. Especially on a dark-weather day. A bright jacket at work is fun, the brighter the better.

DrMom

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 11:27 pm
amother wrote:
Op here. I was wondering, cuz I stepped into a store which sold the meme skirts and I loved them. They come in all great colors and I was wondering if it makes sense to wear it. I guess each to their own.
Thanks for ur replies.

What are "meme skirts"?

bigsis144

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:46 am
DrMom wrote:
amother wrote:
Op here. I was wondering, cuz I stepped into a store which sold the meme skirts and I loved them. They come in all great colors and I was wondering if it makes sense to wear it. I guess each to their own.
Thanks for ur replies.

What are "meme skirts"?

A brand of tight straight skirts sold in many frum boutique stores.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:12 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
amother wrote:
Thanks for ur replies.

What are "meme skirts"?

A brand of tight straight skirts sold in many frum boutique stores.

I don't wear tight straight skirts in any color, let alone bright orange or pink. Not comfortable, not flattering to me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics