Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I'm a Fashion Designer and Fashion Stylist - Ask me Anything
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

What is your body type?
Pear  
 41%  [ 59 ]
Hourglass  
 40%  [ 58 ]
Apple  
 10%  [ 15 ]
Rectangular  
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 143

amother

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 1:07 am
I typed fast again hehe and typed sending instead of receiving heheheh

here we go again:

Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there Wonderful Ladies,

I came back! Yes, but this time to thank you all for your help and messages I've been receiving in my mailbox.

Your opinion and feedback have given me many insights on how to improve this project.

As a practical way to demonstrate my gratitude to you, I give you 2 codes:

Type the code SHIPPING and you'll get free shipping for Canada and USA. Then type (again) the code IMA5 and get an additional 5% discount on your purchase

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Wishing you all a wonderful and happy week!

Esther
dellasuza.com

sarlal

Post Sun, May 19 2013, 9:50 pm
please help me!! TIA!!!!!

I'm six weeks along in my 3rd pregnancy, so I plan on showing earlier than I did with my previous pregnancies.

I am 5"2, wear a 32d, wear xs tops at jcrew and I'm a size 4-6 skirt at jcrew. any weight gained in my belly shows very quickly. I have an hourglass figure I guess, but my tummy is not totally flat.

how can I hide belly weight (before it is time to share the news of my pregnancy)?? wearing loose or baggy tops makes me look very heavy bc they fall at my hips and make me look like a box. I want to stop wearing tights and wear long skirts for the summer. cardigans can look very matronly on me bc my chest is large.

thanks so much!!!!!

amother

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 9:46 am
Besha'ah Tovah my dear friend Very Happy
Please send me your question to the "Contact Us" in my website, I'll certainly do my best to help you out.
Just a hint: consider lace dresses and prints, they distract the eyes. Medium weight woven fabrics also help.
All the very best,
Esther

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm 5 8 thin 130lbs but have a big behind how do I cover that?

My dear Pear shape, I'll repeat here some tips for you because the topic is getting big (yey!) and it will make your life easier. But please take a look at previous posts as most ladies here are also gorgeous Pears!

How to bring out the best of this body type

The best way to balance your body type is to drive attention away from your hips and bring it to the top of your body. Details at necklines such as large jewelry, embroidery and shoulder pads will do wonders in balancing out your figure.

Consider wearing plenty of bell sleeves, A-lines and flared skirts. You have a tiny waist, which begs for fitted and waist defining tops.
As the full bust body type, you will look fabulous with V-necks, or necklaces with a V shape, as they bring attention to your small waist area and elongates the neck, thus extending your figure.

Avoid jackets that end at the larger area of your hips. Give preference to the ones that finish by your hip bones (or a bit above). Also, darker colors give a sort of camouflage to your lower half.

I decided to open this thread and am working my way through. It's fun!
I never understood the advice to wear A lines for a pear. When I was slim, I was a real triangle, like 34 - 27 - 38. Maybe the A lines back then were too straight; I think that what passes for A line now is not what I always thought. But that style is terrible for the triangle (which I guess is akin to pear). I guess the definition is broader.
Anyway, thanks for doing this. I'm sure I'll have more questions.

amother

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 10:36 am
I decided to open this thread and am working my way through. It's fun!
I never understood the advice to wear A lines for a pear. When I was slim, I was a real triangle, like 34 - 27 - 38. Maybe the A lines back then were too straight; I think that what passes for A line now is not what I always thought. But that style is terrible for the triangle (which I guess is akin to pear). I guess the definition is broader.
Anyway, thanks for doing this. I'm sure I'll have more questions.
The righteous praise and honor people for every good quality that is found in them while the wicked seek out faults in others to pull them down, even if they repented those deeds. (Rabbeinu Yonah, from Partners in Kindness)

Wow... it has been a while, isn't it?
Just passing to say a quick hello! Smile

The beauty of A-line skirt depends on the fabric and manufacturer. A A-line in satin will give a different look from one made of twill, and while some manufacturers give just a bit of fullness at the hem and call it an A-line, others prefer to don't save in fabric and make A-lines that are almost flared skirts. In truth, there's no regulation... and anyone can do anything and call it an A-line, that's why it looks a bit confusing at the beginning...
Before shopping, it's important to try A-lines from different manufacturers, made from different fabrics until find the one that will suit you the best!
I started a blog with styling advises in the online version of the Jewish Press. This week I'm talking about our lovely Apple friends and next week it will be about the power of colors in its influence in our daily routine. It's not very long, but I'm doing my best to concentrate the biggest number of ideas in the limited amount of words I can work with Smile

I would love to receive some ideas on how to improve this blog as to topics that you'd like to discuss.
Thank you and wishing you all a lovely day,
Esther

amother

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 8:56 am
Good morning lovely ladies, how are you in this wonderful Wednesday? Promises of rain here in Montreal but... the plants are grateful for it! My garden is happy to get some extra water this afternoon Smile

As I did not add the Inverted Triangle in our poll (I'm an inverted triangle who was raised in an laaarge family of inverted triangles, meaning: this body type is always in my mind... think that's why I forgot to add it in the poll), I'd like to share the link for my blog on body types, which this week give some fashion advises for the fashionable Strawberries. Hope you enjoy it.

Strawberries out there, I think of you all the time! Very Happy

http://www.jewishpress.com/blo.....6/12/

amother

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 8:57 am
Have a wonderful week!

Cool

Esther

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 2:04 pm
Just wanted to say that Binah had a column by Esther on newsstands July 29th that got a lot of feedback. I'd love to hear what you ladies thought!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 7:23 pm
hi I just came across this really intriguing thread. Was wondering if I could still try my hand at posting for some advice....would really be a great help!
e
I am 5 ft 4 inches tall, a cross between hourglass/pear shape; I have a pretty much ddefined waisrline but am more hippy than busty. And all this in a big version... I'm a size 12-14. I'm not big on top ( aboit 36B) but broad shouldered and wide by the hips, with a nice waistline.

how could I best address my wide hips issue as well as the basic fact that I'm so large a size.

thaks

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
Yep, a frum Designer and Stylist, a rare type Wink

Let's chat about your taste, body types and find out which clothes and color combinations bring out the best on you! Also... talk about what is the frum ladies missing in the stores, History of Fashion, influences, latest trends...

Let the games begin!

ps: Please answer my poll. You'll help me tons to design the best outfits... for you!

Help!! I have an hourglass figure. Big chest, big tush, curvy hips and a tiny waist. I am a 6/8 skirt and like a 4 on top so I have a hard time with dresses. I like to be in style but tznius. My issue is that now the style is baggy tops and tight bottoms. This is a terrible look for me bc my skinniest part is hidden and I will not wear such skin tight skirts (like kikirikki). I went shopping and nothing looks good on me Sad what do you suggest??

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 6:34 pm
You left out one option: Sack of Potatoes
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics