Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Help me interpret this dream

BabsB

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 11:02 am
I have always been a very lucid dreamer. I have very realistic dreams. (Blessing and a curse, ugh). I also believe that sometimes our dreams are our subconscious working out some things during our waking hours. If I dream about something and stick with how I feel right when I wake up, I'm usually on the right track. That being said, I just can't figure this one out!

I have only ever dreamt the same thing multiple times once in my life. I had several years where I repeated the same thing but it was obvious it was me working through my parent's divorce. I understood that one.
But now I'm having repeat dreams again and it's SO strange.

So, at the middle school I went to there is a much older section of the school and a much newer section of the school. In each dream I am attending some sort of event in the newer portion and I have to leave to use the restroom. I sneak into the old section and find a very old bathroom that has been sectioned off (it's under construction and not safe). *This isn't the strange part, I am self-conscious about bathroom things so I can see why my dream self would do this.*
In each dream I use the facilities, and every time the toilet breaks just a little more. Well in last night's, it broke to the point of completely collapsing and falling through the floor! I had to sneak out and run away because I was so embarrassed!

Any ideas?

*I know some people may think dream interpretation is silly. I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone that does.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 11:31 am
סימן טוב ומזל טוב יהא לנו ולכל ישראל

BabsB

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 12:04 pm
My Hebrew isn't that great, so please clarify.

Are you trying to say it's a good luck sign or is it a "oh good luck to you, you poor thing" sort of comment?

I'm just trying to understand.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 1:11 pm
I'm sorry Babs. I should have been more clear.

It says in the Talmud that dreams go according to the interpretation. So if someone gives you a good interpretation, it becomes a good dream, but if they maliciously give you a bad interpretation, it becomes a bad dream.

So my mother used to listen to our scary dreams and say "A good fortune and good sign this should be to us and the entire Jewish people".

In this way, she interpreted it into a good dream. It always soothed me when she said that, so I posted it in response to your dream.

I also have lucid dreams and get very upset in the morning, so I taught my husband to say this whenever I tell him my dreams, because it makes me feel better. Smile

BabsB

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 1:39 pm
That is very soothing, and I like it.

Thank you.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 1:53 pm
my pleasure!

thankyou

Post Sat, Dec 21 2013, 3:46 pm
It's very hard to figure out a dream for someone you do not know because usually the dream doesn't stand on its own but rather has a strong connection to you and your experiences.
That said, you mention that you have a "thing" with bathrooms so maybe the bathroom breaking and causing you even more shame has to do with something really embarrassing you have been going through that you need to deal with?
This is a very simple shallow explanation but it's the best I can do with so little information Smile
I find that with my own dreams (I'm one of those who dream and interpret too) I'm really the only one who can figure them out and I'm the only one who can know if the interpretation sounds right or not...

octopus

Post Sat, Dec 21 2013, 6:10 pm
I've found that whenever I dream about bathrooms, it usually means I have to wake and actually use the facilities.

BabsB

Post Sat, Dec 21 2013, 10:56 pm
thankyou, I've had a couple of good responses, and yours gives me even more to think about!
I'm really genuinely trying to work out how all of these things going on are interrelated. I've been struggling with a lot of separate issues. I think if I can figure out the underlying thing I might make some sense of it all.

Or I might just run myself in circles and resolve nothing. Very Happy

octopus, that was hilarious.

NACHES7

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 12:08 am
it sounds a little....that something in your day to day life is making you anxious...like if you are in college or working for an employer....and you are anxious about (not breaking ) not completing your task....like totally destroying what you are trying to do....just a guess
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics