Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for "exciting" activities I can do with DH.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 12:58 pm
I am looking for some places/activities to do with my husband that are more "exciting". I dont really have a better explanation then that. We go out to dinner, but that is a little standard.
We live in central NJ, and are looking for activities that can be done preferably without staying someplace overnight, but would stay overnight if necessary.
We both grew up more boring, so we need ideas.
We are in our upper 20's and are non-yeshivish, maybe a bit (a tiny bit) more modern.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 1:17 pm
An evening cruise.
A sports/arcade complex. (Dave and Busters or Chelsea Piers etc...)
A museum
Ice skating
bowling

STovah

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 1:53 pm
It's not really the time of year for it, but I love hiking with my husband.

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 1:55 pm
Sunset sail cruise on around Manhattan, helicopter flight, airplane flying lesson, shooting range, rope climbing, paint ball

amother

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 3:04 pm
Did I write this post? Dancing

We have ideas for spring, fall, summer. mini golf, fruit picking, paddle boating, hiking, nature walks in all the state parks. Desperately need ideas of what to do in the winter!

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 4:29 pm
laser tag?

nicole81

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 5:58 pm
I like browsing current deals on livingsocial and groupon. I've had a number of fun nights out doing things I would've never thought of, or didn't even know existed, thanks to the deals on both sites.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 6:19 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I like browsing current deals on livingsocial and groupon. I've had a number of fun nights out doing things I would've never thought of, or didn't even know existed, thanks to the deals on both sites.

Not op, but I looked at those sites and I cant find anything that looks too exciting. Can you give us some ideas that worked for you so we could look out for them? thx

doctorima

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 6:26 pm
Ice skating is great - can do outdoors or indoors.

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
Did I write this post? Dancing

We have ideas for spring, fall, summer. mini golf, fruit picking, paddle boating, hiking, nature walks in all the state parks. Desperately need ideas of what to do in the winter!

Skiing

momX4

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 6:35 pm
If you are the adventure type
Palisades Climb Adventure 845-727-3500

Its in the Palisades Mall

nicole81

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 9:20 pm
amother wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

Not op, but I looked at those sites and I cant find anything that looks too exciting. Can you give us some ideas that worked for you so we could look out for them? thx

Sure!

I've bought tickets for dueling pianos, scavenger hunts, comedy shows, mini-golf at the greenwich village country club, a dance club, and a couple of others.

things I've seen before but either one of us weren't interested, or the timing didn't work out were archery lessons, painting, kayaking, and walking tours.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 9:29 pm
nicole81 wrote:
amother wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

Sure!

I've bought tickets for dueling pianos, scavenger hunts, comedy shows, mini-golf at the greenwich village country club, a dance club, and a couple of others.

things I've seen before but either one of us weren't interested, or the timing didn't work out were archery lessons, painting, kayaking, and walking tours.

Thanks! Sounds like fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics