Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Anyone here send daughters to Bobov school?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 8:51 pm
The original? Wink
My dh isn't bobov but I know some who aren't bobov send there.
My dh is concerned that maybe some years own the online our dd will feel out of place if he father isn't bobov?
Anyone?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
The original? Wink
My dh isn't bobov but I know some who aren't bobov send there.
My dh is concerned that maybe some years own the online our dd will feel out of place if he father isn't bobov?
Anyone?

Sorry. Meant down the LINE.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:00 pm
Yes you definitely will feel out of place there.
Also, if you're dh is not Bobov you will not be accepted. (They started this a couple of years ago so there are still some non Bobov there)
The school is growing by leaps and bounds and they're not interested in catering to non Bobovers anymore.

Im talking about Bobov 48 btw.
Bobiv 45 has a mix...

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:17 pm
I will disagree a bit. In all grades there are a few children whose fathers are not Bobov although the school definitely became filled with many more Bobover children ka"h. Although the chassidus is discussed and emphasized, I think all children feel quite comfortable and pull through from preschool thru high school. I personally was not raised Bobov and felt very comfortable in the school, however, I graduated many years ago. All of my girls' friends include girls from non-Bobov homes.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
I will disagree a bit. In all grades there are a few children whose fathers are not Bobov although the school definitely became filled with many more Bobover children ka"h. Although the chassidus is discussed and emphasized, I think all children feel quite comfortable and pull through from preschool thru high school. I personally was not raised Bobov and felt very comfortable in the school, however, I graduated many years ago. All of my girls' friends include girls from non-Bobov homes.

Reread what I wrote. Im the PP .There are currently non Bobovers there, but if a non Bobover applies NOW they will most likely not be accepted.
Bobov has changed drastically in the last few years. I know plenty of people that went there and were not Bobov but wouldn't send there now because it became "very Bobov"
It's a great school though.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:

Op here.
You went to bobov as non-bobov or you send your girls there and are non-bobov today? Or both?

checkbefore

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:53 pm
I agree there were more non bobovers there back in the day, now they barely accept unless you are bobov, or have massive pull.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:54 pm
checkbefore wrote:
I agree there were more non bobovers there back in the day, now they barely accept unless you are bobov, or have massive pull.

They don't even take if the mother is an alumni and the father is not Bobov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children