Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Best time to buy Winter Baby clothes?

sara_s

Post Sat, Dec 21 2013, 2:17 pm
When is the best time to buy winter baby clothes? (for next year)

The sites I usually order from are Childrens Place and Carters. They have big sales on now, but wondering if prices will go lower after "the holidays"?

sara_s

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 12:29 pm
Bump

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 22 2013, 1:00 pm
generally when the next season's clothing is being displayed. otherwise, black friday. holiday sales can be good, but I've never had as much luck in this season as thanksgiving and spring. and make sure to find coupons and check your credit card for any special deals they may have. and if you haven't done so already, join a site like ebates.

sara_s

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 3:14 am
Black friday sales weren't so amazing, I've been keeping track of TCP and Carters prices, and they didn't go any lower than they'd been before.

Not sure if to buy during TCP's "Monster Sale" now, or will prices drop in January?

chanee

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 11:17 am
Probably from January on

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:16 pm
to be honest, I haven't bought anything from tcp in years. their prices went up, the quality down. I don't know much about their monster sales anymore.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 9:24 pm
The winter clothes season is winding down now, so this is a pretty good time to start looking around. Black friday was fun, I'm not sure the holiday sales are so hot, maybe look for more clearance next month?

The monster sale is about as good as it gets at Children's Place; they continue to lower the prices during the sale but things sell out so if you want something specific it's better to just pay the extra dollar or so now. However, I feel like their quality has gone WAAAAAY down over the last couple of years. I have hand-me-downs from cousins a bit older than my kids and they are the best, thick and soft fabrics, but the things I buy wear like paper. Still pretty soft but that thin and flimsy. Sometimes if I pass a store and find a real metzia in clearance I'll buy it just for fun but in general I don't consider myself much of a customer there anymore. Even Old Navy is better, and I used to think they were the cheap ones.

sara_s

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:05 am
seeker wrote:
The winter clothes season is winding down now, so this is a pretty good time to start looking around. Black friday was fun, I'm not sure the holiday sales are so hot, maybe look for more clearance next month?

The monster sale is about as good as it gets at Children's Place; they continue to lower the prices during the sale but things sell out so if you want something specific it's better to just pay the extra dollar or so now. However, I feel like their quality has gone WAAAAAY down over the last couple of years. I have hand-me-downs from cousins a bit older than my kids and they are the best, thick and soft fabrics, but the things I buy wear like paper. Still pretty soft but that thin and flimsy. Sometimes if I pass a store and find a real metzia in clearance I'll buy it just for fun but in general I don't consider myself much of a customer there anymore. Even Old Navy is better, and I used to think they were the cheap ones.

SL where do you usually buy? (Online)

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:24 am
Here n there, when I find deals. Haven't really found anything to love now that TCP is trash. Old Navy isn't bad, sales/coupons/clearance are often better in stores. Gymboree had a nice sale around Black Friday but they're almost always out of my price range otherwise. I like Carter's for babies, I wait for clearance, but their quality is also not what it used to be, I still like the baby stretchies and outfits but beyond that it just won't do. Too thin to deal with kids who really wear their clothes, and for more than a few months per size. Target's Circo brand is quite good for the prices, not much sale action but always inexpensive. If you sign up for a Target card you get free shipping and a usually-not-so-significant 5% off.
Consignment stores when they mark down late in each season. Not online but excellent if you like quality and classy taste at affordable prices. Generally not huge selection, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics