Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Proper to take infant along for dinner in a restaurant?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 4:47 pm
On a date night if baby is EBT and eatery is not local?

morah

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 5:21 pm
Sure! Enjoy this age where you can take them everywhere. But let's be honest- it ain't date night if the baby's there.

Beyla

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 5:31 pm
When I saw the title of the thread I thought : depends with who.
I have to say I take my baby everywhere with me.
But I assume the restaurant is with your DH? Why wouldn't he want to include his baby?

2kiddos

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 6:22 pm
My friends and I went on vacation with my 6 month old baby. We ate out every night and it worked out most of the time. One night we went to this posh place and my baby did not stop crying. I ended up goin outside and wheeling her back n forth till my friends came out. If you expect your baby to behave, then why not? But if the baby cries, it is very annoying to the other guest

OOTforlife

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 6:58 pm
If it's a pizza place or similar, sure. If it's an expensive, fancy restaurant, then it's definitely not ideal. In the latter case, you should only take it if you're prepared to run out of the restaurant at the first cry and stay out until crying stops.

MrsButterfly

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 8:09 pm
Yes. I take my baby everywhere.

DREAMING

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 8:21 pm
To the local pizza store it's okay. To a better place not really!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 8:15 am
Gotta live.
I cannot impose myself tons of baby rules or I'll be burned out.

I notice in circles adamantly against "taking babies out", etc, tend to also have fewer, and later.

ButterflyGarden

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 8:33 am
If the baby is really an infant then I think it's fine. If you are talking about a kid who needs a high chair and food and you are talking about a nice restaurant then while I will not say that you shouldn't do it ever, I will say that I just think its a headache for you. That being said, I do take my babies with me on the very rare occasions that I go out, and as a parent, having a baby in a restaurant has never bothered me.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 10:00 am
I agree with the other posters, if it's an EBF infant it's fine, but if it's a fancy restaurant don't stick around if the baby cries.

As an interesting aside: DH and I go to the same fancy restaurant every year for our anniversary, it happens to be a restaurant in the hotel we stayed in for wedding night, so it's meaningful to us.

We've been married a few years and do not yet have kids. Every year, we say, 'Maybe next year there will be three of us at this table!'... BH I'm expecting, and you bet I plan to take my baby there next year. It will be a real celebration of a milestone we have waited to reach.

Probably after that we'll start getting a babysitter!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette