Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Would u get an 8 and a half mnth old a snowsuit or coat?
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:03 pm
Everyone at their own pace. I had one fully walking at 9 months and one not walking yet at 12. All normal (OK maybe the 9 m/o was a little ahead of normal... but I know enough others like that to know it's not so far out)

imasinger

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:07 pm
I'll stand corrected. When my kids were little, nobody was saying you had to remove their outerwear to be safe in a carseat. I think if I had to do that, I'd forget about the snowsuit, too.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:16 pm
Thanks so much for all the responses!

Ok so I have a bundle-me from last winter. But I dunno if DD will stay in this baby car seat all winter? She will probably grow out of it, no? And then I can't transport her places inside a cozy car seat. I don't think the bigger car seats are meant to be shlepped around like the infant ones are?

Oy... Of course, everything depends on whether or not were gonna get a cold winter...

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:25 pm
How big is she? My 12-month-old is in the 80th percentile and hasn't outgrown her infant seat yet (she's close, so we'll be moving her to the full size seat as soon as I get around to shlepping it out to the car and installing it. My point is just you probably have some time)

So anyway, you can't shlep around the bigger carseat. But you can probably keep her in the infant seat through February or so. And when you do move up, you bring the stroller with the stroller bundle-me around to the car door, cover baby with blanket and whisk her straight from the carseat to the stroller, strap in, bundle up, proceed. Warm hat and one layer (thermal or fleece) can already be on in the car.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:31 pm
Ok got it.
So coat plus bundle me (in car seat with car seat carrier or in stroller) would be my best bet.
Will she be able to fit into the car seat with a bundle me with a coat on at this point? I'm guess-timating her at 20 lb.s. She's very tall but average weight.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:36 pm
NO! You take OFF the coat before going in the car seat. The thickness of the coat prevents the straps from fitting properly. Bundleme's are also possibly problematic if yours is the type that goes under the straps (between kid and seat), but that can be dealt with - either use the type that goes around or cut out the part that goes under the straps.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:42 pm
seeker wrote:
NO! You take OFF the coat before going in the car seat. The thickness of the coat prevents the straps from fitting properly. Bundleme's are also possibly problematic if yours is the type that goes under the straps (between kid and seat), but that can be dealt with - either use the type that goes around or cut out the part that goes under the straps.

Oh... oh man. sometimes I think life was simpler in the days of horse and buggy...

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 9:48 pm
yeah it's easy to get nostalgic in theory but in reality their mortality rates were nothing to brag about, either.

hop613

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 1:34 pm
For an 8.5 month old, I would plan on keeping her in the infant seat through the winter. She will most likely outgrow it by height first, so just make sure there is at least an inch between the top of her head and the edge of the carseat.

I really hate snowsuits for anything passed the newborn stage, and even then, it is only for long walks outside. For use in and out of the car - I would put her in a light fleece, cover with a blanket, and you can get a shower cap style carseat cover. The bundle me isn't really supposed to be used in the car either.

If you are going to be outside for longer periods of time, I would use a coat, and a bundle me on the stroller.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 1:46 pm
snow suit ... they have ones with double zippered legs for ease of dressing & undressing ... she's a baby not a toddler

http://www.jcpenney.com/kids/a.....882-2

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 1:39 am
By the way, I got a coat and a snowsuit and need them both. A snowsuit for when it's really cold out, a coat for when it's less cold or when I'm just going 10 feet from the front door to the car. :-)

Dolly1

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 2:34 am
I buy snowsuits for that age. They can totally walk in them and that way u know that they are for sure warm! Smile

Butterfly1986

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 2:38 am
gold21 wrote:
By the way, I got a coat and a snowsuit and need them both. A snowsuit for when it's really cold out, a coat for when it's less cold or when I'm just going 10 feet from the front door to the car. :-)

I did that too.. Best option.

yeeway

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 2:45 am
I vote snowsuit...
I really wanted coat for my baby, couldn't find one. Ended up with snowsuit and really happy I did. So much warmer.

ruchy1

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 7:47 am
I would get a coat. My 9 month old is in a coat and I have a bunting in the stroller sometimes when I'm in a store for too long she literally sweats. And when she's in a car seat I usually take along her blanket to keep her warm and cozy. If u have the bunting that's warn u don't need more.

Beyla

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 9:21 am
Depends where you live and if it's very cold, but here I would get a snowsuit even for a 2 years old baby!

Even for me I would dream to have one some days! Wink

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 10:06 am
I get a coat. I hate the whole snow suit concoction! Its a pain to put on. I use a good warm blanket or carriage bunting.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics